Page 2 of 3 (44 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 43 Replies | 8 Followers

Posts 225
Michael Birney | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 23 2010 8:01 AM

I found the new updated Ipad2 in a bar the other night and sold it to gizmotron for 5000.00  It has 4 cameras, optional cruise control, and it's totally titanium leather.  I hear it's going to be out in December.

Steve jobs is really mad. 

Posts 456
Roger Feenstra | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 23 2010 8:26 AM

Michael Birney:
I found the new updated Ipad2 in a bar

Er, you meant to say coffee shop.

Michael Birney:
Steve jobs is really mad. 

LOL!

Elder/Pastor, Hope Now Bible Church, Fresno CA

Posts 225
Michael Birney | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 23 2010 4:17 PM

I'm really OK with the bar part, but my whole story is a big lie, that is bothering me some.  Hmm

Posts 376
Dan Sheppard | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 23 2010 5:30 PM

Michael Birney:
I'm really OK with the bar part, but my whole story is a big lie, that is bothering me some.

So I wonder if the iPad went to the bar by itself.  Perhaps that is how the whiz-bang battery gets its extra kick.

Posts 656
Jeremy | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 13 2010 5:21 PM

Could the iPad ever run the full computer version of Logos?

Posts 225
Michael Birney | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 13 2010 5:44 PM

I think the whole mindset with the iPad (and iPhone) is different than the pc or mac mindset - that is to say, I don't think an iPad is made to run a full fledged very very robust program like L4 - in it's present configuration (give it a couple of updates - then I will probably change my mind).  

The ipad is great, my wife and I have had to decide who gets it in the divorce since we fight over it all the time (I am just kidding, no divorce, and she gets it), but it is not a laptop, it is not a desktop, it is (for me), a library / dayplanner / internet browser / bible / note taker / emailer / and lots more.

But the real research is done on the desktop.  

Posts 1206
Ward Walker | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 13 2010 7:14 PM

Jeremy:

It will probably never run the full version, but there is a way to get that same benefit today (if you can tolerate some delay/control issues):

Check out Kevin Purcells video review of using his iPAD to run the full version of L4 from his PC, both over his LAN WiFi and via the Internet:

http://community.logos.com/forums/t/16756.aspx

Posts 491
R. Mansfield | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 13 2010 7:24 PM

Jeremy:

Who would have ever thought that someone could edit video on an iPhone, but people do. In coming generations, I doubt there's much limitation on what the iPad will eventually be able to do.

RMansfield@mac.com
http://thislamp.com 
youtube.com/user/rfmansfield
twitter/thislamp
facebook.com/rmansfield

Posts 273
Rev. Kelly Todd | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 13 2010 7:25 PM

Jeremy, the Ipad is a very complex tool/computer, but not like L4 needs.  even the netbooks have a hard time with L4.  But the ipad can do well with the logos app.

kelly

Posts 219
Dennis Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 14 2010 7:17 AM

Logos just needs to revamp their iPad app to include an offline search function when not connected to wifi. These apps will only get better in time we just need to be patient. You want a Atom based tablet, go for it, I'll stick with my iPad it does what I need, I've got a laptop and desktop if I need more. And, it is much more than a large iPhone, if you had one and used it you'd realize that.

Posts 109
Darryl Burling | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 14 2010 3:20 PM

Personally I use the iPad and Logos primarily for reading at this stage.  However, I'd love to see the following:

• Search of books that you've locally stored
  • Highlighting (if nothing else, this would make it eminently useful)
  • Note taking (even if not searchable)
  • cross references that work offline for books that you've asked to take offline
  • the ability to have two or three books visible at once
  • the ability to see what books I've set to available "offline"

By the way, I didn't see it covered, but HP officially pulled the tablet project when it bought Palm, so expect a non-windows version of it later this year.  Not sure how useful that will be for Logos though. 

Posts 405
Amy Leung | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 14 2010 6:33 PM

Darryl Burling:

• the ability to see what books I've set to available "offline"

There's a bug that lets you do it. Smile  In the library, type "rating:1" (actually, any number) into the filter and all your offline books will show up.

Posts 502
Randall Hartman | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 15 2010 4:27 AM

The answer to all of this is simple: when you buy an IPad purchase the one that has 3G so you are always connected.

Posts 2744
Bohuslav Wojnar | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 15 2010 4:51 AM

Garrett Mercury:

The answer to all of this is simple: when you buy an IPad purchase the one that has 3G so you are always connected.

That is good advice. I do it with iPhone all the time but there is a problem for us here in Europe with it. I drive a few kilometers and the country changes Smile and I am on roaming. The data on roaming are SO expensive it is not usable. So we need offline mode working with searching and other features.

Since it looks for some time we have to forget full-blood Logos on any Tablet device (HP Slate with W7 was my hope...) we need to see Logos for iPad to be much more than just an iPhone application. I know what I say here is no news for Logos. They knew it much earlier and I think they work already on that for quite a time. My estimation is we will see some good development in the iPad application in the near future. It is just my guess of course, no insider's info leaking from Logos Smile

Bohuslav

Posts 502
Randall Hartman | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 15 2010 5:18 AM

Just moments ago on Foxnews I read that Sprint is coming out with a 4G super-duper phone in June that literally becomes a wifi hotspot.  The article said that if anyone has one of these phones while driving down the highway up to 4 people in the van can connect their wifi device to the internet via the phone.  Now that's what I'm talking about!

IF UR interested the phone model is:EVO 4G by HTC

Posts 225
Michael Birney | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 15 2010 5:56 AM

Garrett Mercury:

Just moments ago on Foxnews I read that Sprint is coming out with a 4G super-duper phone in June that literally becomes a wifi hotspot.  The article said that if anyone has one of these phones while driving down the highway up to 4 people in the van can connect their wifi device to the internet via the phone.  Now that's what I'm talking about!

IF UR interested the phone model is:EVO 4G by HTC

"super-duper" of course being the technical term.  Big Smile

Posts 35
Sumair | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 15 2010 6:17 AM

Other nice to have features would be:

- when using the "share" function for twitter or facebook that it actually lets you share a selection of text not just the title of what you are reading... and if it's a Bible passage should share the passage with a short url link to it vs. promoting the logos app

- also being able to copy and paste portions of the book for note taking and to external apps (e.g. pages, keynote) would be extremely helpful

Looking forward to the next release - any ideas on what that is planned for?.

I am using the iPad app more and more and it really is one of the main reasons I purchased the iPad

- Sumair

theologyinsneakers.com - Evidence for things unseen.

Posts 376
Dan Sheppard | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 16 2010 6:55 PM

Sumair:
I am using the iPad app more and more and it really is one of the main reasons I purchased the iPad

Sumair-

So is the iPad Logos application basically like iPhone app, or is it more like the full-blown L4?

Posts 225
Michael Birney | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 16 2010 6:59 PM

a little more function than the iphone app, but more like the iphone than like L4.

Posts 35
Sumair | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 16 2010 6:59 PM

Hi Dan,

Unfortunately, I havent used the iphone app. I would suggest it is more like the iphone app right now and probably will graduate to being more like the desktop app in the future.

The logos site has several screenshots to give you a feel for it. And I believe Kevin Purcell (sp?) posted a personal video review of it to give you a feel for it.

I hope that helps.

God Bless,

- Sumair

- Sumair

theologyinsneakers.com - Evidence for things unseen.

Page 2 of 3 (44 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS