Green's Literal Version (LitV / KJ3)

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
This post has 10 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 1699
Robert M. Warren | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Oct 1 2017 5:22 PM

I have created a personal book file for Jay Green's Literal Bible translation, which was requested as a Logos edition in this thread. I decided it was more appropriate to put it in the Files subforum. A much older thread is also related.

I believe I am in compliance with the owner's policy for downloading and non-commercial personal use and sharing.

3348.Green's LitV Bible.docx

Win 10 Android 8.1 Fire OS 5

Posts 8896
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 1 2017 5:37 PM

Thanks for sharing Robert.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 234
David Owh | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 1 2017 10:12 PM

Thanks,Robert.

Logos 8 Win 10

Posts 460
Nord Zootman | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 2 2017 4:16 AM

Thank You!

Posts 1699
Robert M. Warren | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 2 2017 10:07 AM

After using this a bit, it occurred to me that the translator's paragraph indicators should be inside the 'bible-on / bible-off' fields, just like any other punctuation decisions he made. I moved all of the "¶ " indicators in the text (not to be confused with the MS Word paragraph mark) to inside the affected verses' on/off fields. I was hoping this would cause the paragraph marks to appear in the Bible Text Only visual field and in the Text Comparison tool. 

However, it still doesn't appear. Does anyone know why? I have attached the alternate version here.

6283.Alt - Green's LitV Bible.docx

Thanks

Posts 3155
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 2 2017 4:08 PM

Thank you for making this available Robert!  I don't know much about making personal books... which version should I use the first one you posted or the revised one?

Posts 1699
Robert M. Warren | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 2 2017 4:22 PM

Mattillo:
... which version should I use the first one you posted or the revised one?

Since my editing didn't have the desired effect, either one as they booth behave the same.

Posts 51
David Goodman | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 3 2017 10:34 AM

Thanks so much, Robert!

Posts 2041
GaoLu | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 7 2017 5:15 PM

Here is something that might work for a cover.

Posts 5248
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 7 2017 6:21 PM

Thanks for the Bible and the great cover.

-dan

Posts 1699
Robert M. Warren | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 8 2017 2:31 PM

Robert M. Warren:

I was hoping this would cause the paragraph marks to appear in the Bible Text Only visual field and in the Text Comparison tool. 

However, it still doesn't appear. Does anyone know why?

Aha! It came to me in a vision:  the paragraph mark being formatted as superscript causes it to not be considered bible-text by the visual filter and Text Comparison tool, even though it is within the bible-on/bible-off fields. I changed it to not-superscript and it now shows under both conditions. I made it in a smaller font and different color to try to separate it from the text.

In an unrelated edit, I changed the paragraph spacing for the Normal style to 6pt After. This seems to make the verses delineate a little nicer in the various views. If you don't like this part, simply modify the Normal style to have either a different After spacing or zero.

Here's the revised file:

8508.Alt2 - Green's LitV Bible.docx

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS