Pastor Appreciation: What did you choose? (Oct 2017)

Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
This post has 11 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 1582
Allen Browne | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Oct 2 2017 10:55 PM

I'm very impressed with Timothy Laniak, Shepherds After My Own Heart: Pastoral Traditions and Leadership in the Bible (IVP, 2006). It's a great survey of the shepherd metaphor in the ANE world, in Israel under Moses and the Davidic kings, in the hope of restoration of the postexilic prophets, in the person of Jesus, and in his servants who live and die in the service of his people as did “the slain Lamb and ruling Shepherd.”

Posts 78
scooter | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 3 2017 6:21 AM

Allen, could U provide the link??  Thanks.

Posts 4631
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 3 2017 7:58 AM

I'm looking to get the Journal of Biblical Counseling. The price looks reasonable now at 50% off. I'm looking at some samples before I pull the trigger.

DAL

Posts 1582
Allen Browne | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 3 2017 8:15 AM

scooter:
Allen, could U provide the link??  Thanks.

Sure:

https://www.logos.com/pastor-appreciation-month

Posts 861
Everett Headley | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 3 2017 9:00 AM

If I didn't have them already I'd pick up the 9Marks series and the Journal of Biblical Counseling. 

Posts 4631
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 3 2017 1:12 PM

DAL:

I'm looking to get the Journal of Biblical Counseling. The price looks reasonable now at 50% off. I'm looking at some samples before I pull the trigger.

DAL

Well, I took the plunge! I went for the Journal of Biblical Counseling and the articles are great! Excellent material. June Hunt is great, but with this supplement it will be awesome! 👍😁👌

DAL

Posts 861
Everett Headley | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 3 2017 1:17 PM

FWIW, you can create a collection with them and then search for biblical references and use the for applications. 

Posts 4631
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 3 2017 1:50 PM

Everett Headley:

FWIW, you can create a collection with them and then search for biblical references and use the for applications. 

I had already done that, so it added itself automatically to the "Application Collection" I created. Thanks, though.  I think someone had suggested or wrote a blog about how to do this.  I think it was titled "turn logos into an application machine." Great idea and a time saver!

DAL

Posts 1354
David Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 3 2017 3:37 PM

Allen Browne:

I'm very impressed with Timothy Laniak, Shepherds After My Own Heart: Pastoral Traditions and Leadership in the Bible (IVP, 2006). It's a great survey of the shepherd metaphor in the ANE world, in Israel under Moses and the Davidic kings, in the hope of restoration of the postexilic prophets, in the person of Jesus, and in his servants who live and die in the service of his people as did “the slain Lamb and ruling Shepherd.”

GREAT Book!! I have it in dead tree. This is my chance to add it to my Logos Library and bless a Seminarian with the other copy.

Posts 6411
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 3 2017 5:05 PM

Does the code work in Vyrso?

Everything ever written in Religion and Theology formatted for Logos Bible Software.Logos Youtube Channel

Posts 1582
Allen Browne | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 4 2017 12:10 AM

David Thomas:
Allen Browne:

GREAT Book!! I have it in dead tree. This is my chance to add it to my Logos Library and bless a Seminarian with the other copy.

Yes: blogged it this afternoon, if anyone is interested:
https://allenbrowneblog.wordpress.com/2017/10/04/shepherds-after-my-own-heart/

Posts 278
Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 4 2017 12:55 AM

Thanks Allen for your comment on the thread and blog entry too! These encourage me to go have a look at the book. Glad to see a fellow Aussie in the forum. Keep well Paul  

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS
Copyright 1992-2015 Faithlife / Logos Bible Software.