Please Bid on Handsful on Purpose for real cheap!

Page 2 of 3 (54 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 53 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 469
Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 4 2017 5:30 PM

I'm certainly in with a bid - but I'd need more convincing to raise my bid to anywhere like $US20. Keep well Paul    

Posts 3167
Beloved Amodeo | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 4 2017 6:17 PM

Paul:
I'm certainly in with a bid - but I'd need more convincing to raise my bid to anywhere like $US20.

The reason for my bid of $21 is that the present CP price point is too low. I'm looking to effect the price to move up to where it is more likely to go in to production. I hope that all those now at $6 will raise their bids to $12 or $15. 

Meanwhile, Jesus kept on growing wiser and more mature, and in favor with God and his fellow man.

International Standard Version. (2011). (Lk 2:52). Yorba Linda, CA: ISV Foundation.

MacBook Pro macOS Big Sur 11.6 1TB SSD 

Posts 9528
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 4 2017 6:49 PM

Beloved:

Paul:
I'm certainly in with a bid - but I'd need more convincing to raise my bid to anywhere like $US20.

The reason for my bid of $21 is that the present CP price point is too low. I'm looking to effect the price to move up to where it is more likely to go in to production. I hope that all those now at $6 will raise their bids to $12 or $15. 

What is likely is that if people don't up their bid, or we don't have a lot of new bidders, it will be one of the expiring pre-pubs some day soon. It is simply languishing, and FL isn't letting that happen any more. If we can get it above 50% that will help keep it alive longer, giving it a chance at success. 

If $21 seems too high, remember it will likely go for less, and you can always cancel. If everyone stays at $6 hoping for a deal, it is unlikely to ever go into production. Your choice.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 2758
mab | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 5 2017 1:58 AM

OK I'm in at $21. I'm sure it is worth that. Put your money where your heart is. Geeked

The mind of man is the mill of God, not to grind chaff, but wheat. Thomas Manton | Study hard, for the well is deep, and our brains are shallow. Richard Baxter

Posts 3316
Whyndell Grizzard | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 5 2017 3:17 AM

In at $21 Yes

Posts 588
Bobby Terhune | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 5 2017 5:20 AM

I raised mine to 21.00

Posts 905
Brother Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 5 2017 6:17 AM

I also raised my bid to $21.  Let's hope that the combination of higher bids among those who are already convinced, and raising awareness on the forums will bear fruit... on purpose.

"I read dead people..."

Posts 8412
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 5 2017 6:27 AM

👍

Posts 163
Randy Lane | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 7 2017 9:02 AM

Not sure about this one. Is the wrong title on the cover image and the CP title an indication of the quality we can expect?

The correct title is Handfuls OF Purpose.

Posts 8412
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 7 2017 11:46 AM

Randy Lane:

Not sure about this one. Is the wrong title on the cover image and the CP title an indication of the quality we can expect?

I'm sure is a mistake, since no matter how many times I read OF PURPOSE I always ended up writing ON PURPOSE for some reason. At least, based on what happened to me I think is a mistake.

DAL

Posts 932
Justin Gatlin | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 7 2017 2:57 PM

DAL:

Randy Lane:

I'm sure is a mistake, since no matter how many times I read OF PURPOSE I always ended up writing ON PURPOSE for some reason. At least, based on what happened to me I think is a mistake.

DAL

It is fixed now. I am in at $30, but since it is $4 on Kindle and is well-indexed, I am struggling to imagine this making it.

Posts 9528
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 7 2017 4:15 PM

Justin Gatlin:
I am in at $30, but since it is $4 on Kindle and is well-indexed, I am struggling to imagine this making it.

I don't imagine Kindle is as much the reason for lack of interest as the age of the resource and the fact few know about it today. (Its title doesn't help either.)

I would hope that with Logos' tagging this would be a much more valuable resource in Logos than on an e-reader.

At this point, interest is so low that it might be a moot point.

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 11433
DMB | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 7 2017 5:38 PM

Plus they got auth-problems on the CP pages, but not regular pages:

"God will save his fallen angels and their broken wings He'll mend."

Posts 469
Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 7 2017 11:05 PM

Mark Smith:

Beloved:

Paul:

What is likely is that if people don't up their bid, or we don't have a lot of new bidders, it will be one of the expiring pre-pubs some day soon. It is simply languishing, and FL isn't letting that happen any more. If we can get it above 50% that will help keep it alive longer, giving it a chance at success. 

If $21 seems too high, remember it will likely go for less, and you can always cancel. If everyone stays at $6 hoping for a deal, it is unlikely to ever go into production. Your choice.

I appreciate that a higher bid by more people is likely to bring the book into production - and that may well be a good thing. Yet most of this thread is about the cost, raising the bid and perhaps attracting people to make a bid. My question is really about the content. 

What is it about the content that should attract me as a potential buyer to increase my bid? Would anyone who has read this book already (in print form) be able to comment? Keep well Paul    

Posts 1085
JohnB | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 8 2017 4:54 AM

Justin Gatlin:
It is fixed now. I am in at $30, but since it is $4 on Kindle and is well-indexed, I am struggling to imagine this making it.

I suspect that you have either seen the same or similar title by another author or the same book but only one of the volumes included on the Logos version. I certainly can't see this specific book for anything like $4 on either Amazon com or uk

Posts 9528
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 8 2017 11:06 AM

Paul:
What is it about the content that should attract me as a potential buyer to increase my bid? Would anyone who has read this book already (in print form) be able to comment? Keep well Paul  

Here is a review and some user comments.

Other reviews by users are here.

You can sample the whole collection in .pdf format here.

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 932
Justin Gatlin | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 8 2017 3:46 PM

JohnB:

Justin Gatlin:

I suspect that you have either seen the same or similar title by another author or the same book but only one of the volumes included on the Logos version. I certainly can't see this specific book for anything like $4 on either Amazon com or uk

$3.95 is the Kindle price. It sure looks the same to me, but I won't link to it because of forum rules.

"All 12 volumes of the original printed set now in a single ebook! Over 3800 pages in print.

Handfuls On Purpose is a classic work with over 2000 expository outlines, Bible readings, sermon seed thoughts, sermon illustrations, and devotional studies. Written by James Smith and Robert Lee, they are a benefit to any minister or believer." 

Posts 932
Justin Gatlin | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 8 2017 3:55 PM

Paul:

Mark Smith:

Beloved:

Paul:

I appreciate that a higher bid by more people is likely to bring the book into production - and that may well be a good thing. Yet most of this thread is about the cost, raising the bid and perhaps attracting people to make a bid. My question is really about the content. 

I have it in print, but I inherited it. Using other people's sermon outlines is not part of my workflow, but I have read them some and enjoyed them. Here is a random sermon:

Posts 163
Randy Lane | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 9 2017 5:06 AM

I stand corrected. The title is Handful ON Purpose. 

My confusion was prompted by the incorrect reference in the description, where he first italicized title has it as Handfuls OF Purpose.

I am in at $21, but like many other CP items there are too many extremely low bids for this to ever likely get funded.

FL needs to be practical about the minimum bid. Perhaps a strategy that takes a highest possible/likely bid count based on CP history analysis and set the minimum bid a good amount above or at least somewhst more than required to fund the project if that bidder count threshold were reached.

Sort the CP items by best seller and you see many in the top 20 that have no chance because like this item too msny bidsvare way below a practical threshold.

Posts 469
Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 9 2017 6:19 AM

Mark Smith:

Paul:

Here is a review and some user comments.

Other reviews by users are here.

You can sample the whole collection in .pdf format here.

Thanks Mark! Yes 

Page 2 of 3 (54 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS