Thank You Faithlife for the extra Pastor's Appreciation Gift

Page 1 of 3 (55 items) 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 54 Replies | 6 Followers

Posts 9127
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Oct 3 2017 7:46 PM

Thank you for the generous extra gift during pastor appreciation month. I used mine to reduce the price of a bundle of three volumes I wanted. I probably would have not bought them without your generosity.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 3942
abondservant | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 3 2017 9:19 PM

Did this arrive in your email? I didn't seem to get one yet.

L2 lvl4, L3 Scholars, L4 Scholars, L5 Platinum,  L6 Collectors. L7 Baptist Portfolio. L8 Baptist Platinum.

Posts 5313
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 3 2017 10:13 PM

abondservant:

Have no idea what Mark is referring to Abondservant.  My guess would be that since I'm not a Pastor I won't be appreciated as a customer with whatever this gift might be he is talking about.  Are you a  Pastor Abondservant? If not might explain why you haven't received anything.

Posts 1144
Sean | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 3 2017 10:24 PM

abondservant:

Yeah I don't know what Mark is talking about either. I got a mail with links to the various sales this month but no "extra gift."

Posts 5313
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 3 2017 10:38 PM

Roll Eyes

Well your one up on me Sean. I didn't get the email you refer to receiving. Last email I got was about a hot price on starter base package I am not eligible for since I already own a base package.  

Posts 560
Glenn Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 3 2017 11:38 PM

Mark Smith:

Thank you for the generous extra gift during pastor appreciation month. I used mine to reduce the price of a bundle of three volumes I wanted. I probably would have not bought them without your generosity.

Very useful indeed - thanks FL Yes

Pastor Glenn Crouch
St Paul's Lutheran Church
Kalgoorlie-Boulder, Western Australia

Posts 1144
Sean | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 3 2017 11:45 PM

Glenn Crouch:
Very useful indeed - thanks FL Yes

Can you please explain what it is? So far this is shaping up to a mild mystery...

Posts 6864
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 3 2017 11:46 PM

Wait...what? You mean we'll be getting a $20 off coupon? Cool, so I can buy the upgrade to the JoBC!!! But, then again, we don't know what Mark is talking about 😕

Posts 2764
Erwin Stull, Sr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 4 2017 4:50 AM

It's possible that this may be a targeted gift, not given to every Pastor, or maybe at random.

Posts 1144
Sean | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 4 2017 5:09 AM

None of you are going to tell us what exactly FL sent you, are you?

Posts 2479
Jan Krohn | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 4 2017 7:28 AM

Maybe it's more fun just to tease us.

Past IT Consultant. Past Mission Worker. Entrepreneur. Future Seminary Student.
Why Amazon sucks: Full background story of my legal dispute with the online giant

Posts 2835
Michael Childs | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 4 2017 7:53 AM

Is Mark referring to this?

https://www.logos.com/pastor-appreciation-month

"In all cases, the Church is to be judged by the Scripture, not the Scripture by the Church," John Wesley

Posts 2067
Randy W. Sims | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 4 2017 8:16 AM

I hope they did do something extra for Pastors. And I hope they don't share it with us--that takes away from it, Greatly. It's for them alone. For putting up with us. Stick out tongue Thanks, Pastors!

Posts 6864
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 4 2017 8:19 AM

Michael Childs:

No, he talks about a generous "extra gift" and that he used "his gift" to reduce the price on a bundle he wanted. He also talks about FL's generosity. So it must be something extra (hence, extra gift). Unless you're seeing something we're not.

The link you provided points to a sale everyone has access to. Who knows, maybe it's something extra just for a select few. I received a nice gift a couple years back but I was told in the email it was personal. The gift was nice too 👍 So if only a few are getting it, I'm fine with it.  Enjoy it 👍😁👌 

Posts 3942
abondservant | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 4 2017 8:42 AM

Disciple of Christ (doc):

abondservant:

Have no idea what Mark is referring to Abondservant.  My guess would be that since I'm not a Pastor I won't be appreciated as a customer with whatever this gift might be he is talking about.  Are you a  Pastor Abondservant? If not might explain why you haven't received anything.

I am a full time pastor, and part time student.

Nothing extra came for me :P well that I've seen.

Not that I /need/ something extra I suppose.

L2 lvl4, L3 Scholars, L4 Scholars, L5 Platinum,  L6 Collectors. L7 Baptist Portfolio. L8 Baptist Platinum.

Posts 1144
Sean | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 4 2017 8:50 AM

Randy W. Sims:

I hope they did do something extra for Pastors. And I hope they don't share it with us--that takes away from it, Greatly. It's for them alone. For putting up with us. Stick out tongue Thanks, Pastors!

Whatever is fine, but if it's supposed to be secret, then nobody should be talking about it here--not even a public display of gratitude--& dangling it in front of us. I'm wasting too much time checking back in here. Stick out tongue

And I am a pastor now, but I don't expect FaithLife to know that.

Posts 3942
abondservant | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 4 2017 9:06 AM

Sean:

Randy W. Sims:

Whatever is fine, but if it's supposed to be secret, then nobody should be talking about it here--not even a public display of gratitude--& dangling it in front of us. I'm wasting too much time checking back in here. Stick out tongue

And I am a pastor now, but I don't expect FaithLife to know that.

They had a number of employees that knew that I am :P.

Had.

Posts 334
Paul Strickert | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 4 2017 9:07 AM

Do you have Faithlife Notifications enabled on your Logos 7 home screen?  That’s where I found the “gift” message.

Posts 1144
Sean | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 4 2017 9:22 AM

Paul Strickert:

Do you have Faithlife Notifications enabled on your Logos 7 home screen?  That’s where I found the “gift” message.

Nope, but I've never gotten anything from that other than repeated invitations to groups I'm not interested in, and there's nothing else there now.

If people want to humblebrag about it under the guise of gratitude, have at it.

Posts 2479
Jan Krohn | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 4 2017 10:13 AM

Paul Strickert:

Then the message has likely been posted to a particular FL group. Sharing which group that is would be beneficial.

Past IT Consultant. Past Mission Worker. Entrepreneur. Future Seminary Student.
Why Amazon sucks: Full background story of my legal dispute with the online giant

Page 1 of 3 (55 items) 1 2 3 Next > | RSS