Lost Hour's Worth of Notes

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 2415
Kevin A. Purcell | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Oct 11 2017 6:51 AM

I just lost an hour's worth of notes. I decided to shut down my computer and restart. So after working for an hour I closed the program and then restarted. After restarting my notes on 1 John 2:29 are almost gone. Only one paragraph instead of many many paragraphs I added this morning. I've already check documents.logos.com and gone there too.

Any chance someone from the mother ship can check into this for me?

Posts 3065
LogosEmployee
Tommy Ball | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 11 2017 8:36 AM

Hi Kevin,

I'm sorry this has happened. I've emailed you.

Posts 922
Rick Ausdahl | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 11 2017 9:09 AM

Kevin A. Purcell:

I just lost an hour's worth of notes. I decided to shut down my computer and restart. So after working for an hour I closed the program and then restarted. After restarting my notes on 1 John 2:29 are almost gone. Only one paragraph instead of many many paragraphs I added this morning. I've already check documents.logos.com and gone there too.

Kevin,

I'm sorry for the work you lost.  I hope it's not too much effort to reproduce.

If Tommy (or anyone else from FL) explains to you via email or phone what happened, I sure would appreciate it if you would share the explanation on the forum.  If it can happen once I expect it can happen again, so it would be nice to know if there's any precautions that can be taken to prevent it.

Posts 5
James Logan | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 11 2017 11:15 AM

Happened to me, however here is an easy step on how to fix this problem! 

https://blog.logos.com/2013/10/how-to-retrieve-your-deleted-logos-notes/

Documents.Logos.com lets you store your study notes, presentations, sentence diagrams, reading plans, and more—all in one place. And if you delete an important document, it’s easy to get your work back.

Here’s how to undelete files:

1. Log in at Documents.Logos.com with your Logos.com credentials.
  2. Using the dropdown menu in the top-left corner, filter documents by visibility.
  3. Select “Deleted” to see all your deleted documents.

documents.undelete1

1. Just undelete the document you want back!

documents.undelete2

If you don’t remember deleting a document, but you can’t seem to find it at Documents.Logos.com, it may be attached to a Faithlife group. Use the dropdown menu under your username to view your current groups and the documents associated with them.

documents.undelete3

Posts 702
Myke Harbuck | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 11 2017 11:20 AM

James Logan:

Happened to me, however here is an easy step on how to fix this problem!

https://blog.logos.com/2013/10/how-to-retrieve-your-deleted-logos-notes/

Documents.Logos.com lets you store your study notes, presentations, sentence diagrams, reading plans, and more—all in one place. And if you delete an important document, it’s easy to get your work back.

I could be wrong, but it sounds like he still has the notes document. It's that the notes in the document are not fully there. This has happened to me before, and the FL team has been able to restore them for me.

Myke Harbuck, MREd, DMin, PhD Student
Lead Pastor, www.ByronCity.Church
Adjunct Professor, Georgia Military College
Logos 6.10 SR-2; Portfolio(GK), Logos Now; Mac OS 10.11.13 El Capitan; Late 2014 iMac, 3.5MHz i5, 32 gbRAM, 1tbSSD

Posts 702
Myke Harbuck | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 11 2017 11:23 AM

Kevin A. Purcell:

Only one paragraph instead of many many paragraphs I added this morning. I've already check documents.logos.com and gone there too.

Just a suggestion..since this happened to me a while back, I have been syncing obsessively. I have a sync now shortcut on the shortcut bar and sync every few minutes just to be safe.

That may not be your issue. (It wasn't mine. Mine had synced to my tablet then disappeared WHILE I WAS TEACHING! Ugh! But the FL team was thankfully about to restore the notes.). But at least this might help ensure you are synced up before closing your session of Logos.

Myke Harbuck, MREd, DMin, PhD Student
Lead Pastor, www.ByronCity.Church
Adjunct Professor, Georgia Military College
Logos 6.10 SR-2; Portfolio(GK), Logos Now; Mac OS 10.11.13 El Capitan; Late 2014 iMac, 3.5MHz i5, 32 gbRAM, 1tbSSD

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS
Copyright 1992-2015 Faithlife / Logos Bible Software.