Showing "Title Page" in PBB Table of Contents

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
This post has 10 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 45
Jeffrey T. Requadt | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Oct 11 2017 2:03 PM

Currently when I compile a PBB, the table of contents shows the title of the book at the top. However, for Logos editions of books, it says "Title Page" instead. I would like PBBs to have this feature. I think it might have something to do with headings and milestones, but I can't figure out exactly what to do.

Posts 28358
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 11 2017 2:26 PM

A table of contents (TOC) is created by utilizing headings. A prime heading is "heading 1," and subheadings (nested) are "heading 2," etc. I am not quite sure what you are asking, but you need to make sure you have the right headings for each section. 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 45
Jeffrey T. Requadt | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 11 2017 2:38 PM

Here's an example of what the Logos edition of a book has:

Here's what a PB has:

I want my own books to have "Title Page" at the top to of the TOC instead of the title of the book. I think a related problem is the location listed in the locator bar. It has the whole title listed, but because I have a manual line break in my .docx file, it doesn't have a space. I think this whole thing has something to do with how Logos compiles the book. Perhaps it looks for the first paragraph and lists that as the first heading in the TOC? Because the titles in my .docx files don't have outline levels (level 1, level 2, etc.) the way heading styles do.

Posts 45
Jeffrey T. Requadt | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 11 2017 2:42 PM

Apparently it did not include my images. Hmm.

Posts 45
Jeffrey T. Requadt | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 11 2017 2:43 PM

Logos Image:

Posts 45
Jeffrey T. Requadt | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 11 2017 2:43 PM

PB image:

Posts 28358
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 11 2017 2:45 PM

If you own the rights to the content within the document, you could post a sample. Else, screen shots might be instructive. 

Here is a link to the wiki: https://wiki.logos.com/Adding_TOC_in_PBs 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 45
Jeffrey T. Requadt | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 11 2017 3:36 PM

Any ideas?

Posts 8243
LogosEmployee

I don't think Personal Books support setting the name of the article (in the Table of Contents on the left) to something different than what's in the body text of the resource.

Posts 1758
Robert M. Warren | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 12 2017 3:45 AM

I think if the first page of the .docx is the title page and you type the very first paragraph of the .docx file as "Title Page", set it as Heading 1 style, then change the font color (of just that paragraph, not the style) to white, it won't appear in the body of the PB (except as the space of a blank line), but will be the first entry of the TOC. In the test I did, it also suppressed the title of the book in the TOC. If the space taken by the invisible "Title Page" line is annoying, try setting the font of that to something very small, like 1.

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Posts 45
Jeffrey T. Requadt | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 13 2017 1:53 PM

That's an interesting idea. I tried something with hidden text but it didn't work. I'll try this.

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS