Bob Pritchett

Page 1 of 3 (46 items) 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 45 Replies | 8 Followers

Posts 1219
PL | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Oct 13 2017 10:35 AM

Haven't seen Bob post on the forums for a month now... Wondering if everything is OK. 

Peter

Posts 1658
Randy W. Sims | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 13 2017 10:48 AM

Follow him (and other FL crew) on Twitter.

My Base Packages

Custom PC: Core i7; 32GB RAM; GeForce GTX 970; Win 10 Pro
Samsung ATIV Smart PC Pro 700T: Core i5; 4GB RAM; Win 10 Pro
ASUS Nexus 7 | Google Pixel XL | Apple iPad Pro 9.7

Posts 1598
LogosEmployee
Bob Pritchett | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 14 2017 2:44 PM

I'm still here -- thanks for asking! :-)

I wish I had a really good excuse for being less present in the forums, but I'm afraid it's mostly meetings... the goods news is, those meetings have been about growing our team, getting new people oriented, ensuring a unified vision, and building an incredible platform to equip the Church to grow in the light of the Bible.

Phil Gons has taken the lead on Bible Study Products (Logos desktop, mobile, web, Mobile Ed, etc.) and Jim Straatman is leading our Church Products (Proclaim, Ministry Tracker (acquired this year), and lots-more-to-come). Product innovation and strategic vision is my core area, so this past year most of my attention has gone to the new church products. Most of that work isn't "visible outside the building", but will be soon. 

I'm super-excited about this, because we've been building platforms/laying-groundwork for many years, and it's going to come together not only as an incredible tool for handling many administrative tasks in a church, but as a way to facilitate and encourage Bible engagement in the congregation.

(With that said, I am still involved in the product vision for Logos 8... there are still lots of exciting new things to come!)

Here are just a few of the things that I've been involved in recently. (Of course, by involved I mean I instigated or helped plan or review... the hard work of execution has been done by our incredible team. I just go to meetings!)

• https://academic.logos.com/a-new-journal-of-theological-education/ - our new journal for seminary professors
  • https://music.faithlife.com/ - integrates with Proclaim, and this is just the start...
  • https://faithlife.com/ - no, it's not just a 'Christian Facebook'... it's the platform that connects everything, and we've been working under the hood for years; you're going to love what it does for your church. Claim your church group, and check out Bulletins, Newsletters, Messages (Slack for your church for free!), and Files for examples of the platform being put in place. I can't wait for you to see what will be built on top of that platform!
  • https://soundfaith.com/ - a growing archive of media, illustrations, topical sermon outlines, and a powerful archive tool for archiving your own sermon audio, video, text, PDF handouts, PowerPoints, and more. Have you seen a 'Sermon Tone Analysis' on your sermons?
  • https://faithlifetv.com/ - Faithlife TV is growing an incredible content library, and we've been building out the tech platform underneath so that it can serve your church as well. Add a sermon video to https://soundfaith.com/ or any video to your church's Files group and your church can watch it in their living rooms!
  • https://faithlifetv.com/items/479903 - This original film by Faithlife has a 4.7 rating from over 400 viewers... it's related to Dr. Heiser's book, from our Lexham Press, which has been out for two years and is going strong. (On Amazon it has a 4.8 average from 630 reviewers! But you can get the Logos Edition, of course!)
  • https://proclaimonline.com/features - if you haven't checked out Proclaim recently, you're out of date; this subscription product gets enhanced constantly, not just in big releases
  • https://www.ministrytracker.com/ - Ministry Tracker has been around since 2004, but just joined Faithlife this summer. You should check it out -- it's just going to get better and better, and more tightly integrated with the other Faithlife tools...

This is only part of the list... and while it looks like a lot of different things, it's all part of a unified vision: to use technology to equip the Church to grow in the light of the Bible.

We are often working on that goal from the bottom up, building the foundation in pieces before the unified vision can be seen. But there is a unified vision, and we're very excited to be sharing it with you in the coming months. 

-- Bob

Posts 1342
Edwin Bowden | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 14 2017 4:01 PM

Bob,

Thanks for the updates. Keep up the good work.

How is your wife doing?

Edwin Bowden

Posts 1598
LogosEmployee
Bob Pritchett | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 14 2017 4:36 PM

Audra is back to 'watch and wait' after her clear scan post-chemo, but has suffered skin cancer (apparently common post-chemo for lymphoma) and some infections (which we think are related to overall weakness/immune system). We're thankful that there's no more chemo on the horizon right now, and praying for continued restoration of strength. Overall she's much better and going in the right direction! Thanks for asking...

Posts 7764
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 14 2017 4:58 PM

Bob Pritchett:
praying for continued restoration of strength

Joining with you.

Bob Pritchett:
Overall she's much better and going in the right direction!

Great to hear.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 16256
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 14 2017 5:04 PM

Bob Pritchett:
... praying for continued restoration of strength

+1 Yes Praying that includes Joy of the Lord being awesome strength for every believer Big Smile

Bob Pritchett:
Overall she's much better and going in the right direction!

+1 Yes Rejoicing Big Smile

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 1219
PL | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 14 2017 7:48 PM

Thanks for the updates on Faithlife and Audra, Bob!

Peter

Posts 4175
Disciple of Christ (doc) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 15 2017 3:11 AM

You can't get journals within the software right yet your taking on a print journal ?

Posts 2513
Erwin Stull, Sr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 15 2017 6:22 AM

Bob Pritchett:

Audra is back to 'watch and wait' after her clear scan post-chemo, but has suffered skin cancer (apparently common post-chemo for lymphoma) and some infections (which we think are related to overall weakness/immune system). We're thankful that there's no more chemo on the horizon right now, and praying for continued restoration of strength. Overall she's much better and going in the right direction! Thanks for asking...

Hi Bob;

Good to hear that Audra is doing fine. Renewed strength comes after the process. Keeping her and you in prayer.

Posts 1598
LogosEmployee
Bob Pritchett | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 15 2017 10:49 AM

Disciple of Christ (doc):
You can't get journals within the software right yet your taking on a print journal ?

Is the problem that we 'can't get them right' (in which case please do tell me how we can improve them), or that we don't have all the journals you want yet, which isn't a competency issue as much as a negotiation / rights / expenses issue. (Some of the publishers simply won't license them to us at this point; others have onerous costs.)

In which case, making our own journal would be even more logically consistent. :-)

Posts 860
Everett Headley | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 15 2017 11:41 AM

Bob,

You can see from the other threads that the journals the past 4 years have been a fiasco.  There is not regular communication.  Promises are not kept.  Quantity and availability has gone down.  Smaller bundles are gone.  You have lost revenue from many loyal customers going to the Galaxie subscription.  And there still seems to be no shift in Logos' journal strategy.  

I think wading into your own journal would be dangerous at best and foolhardy.  It seems that there are more projects or ideas before there is focus on the current needs.  Create a journal czar and get that fixed.  And then maybe get a QA czar.  Many, many links need to be corrected and updated based on new works coming into Logos.  Hyperlinking is the hallmark of Logos and its main selling point, but when those links haven't/won't be updated, what good is the feature?

Posts 4175
Disciple of Christ (doc) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 15 2017 12:55 PM

Well said Everett.

Clearly Bob, that you even have to ask what the issue is with journals shows you are out of touch with customers. I genuinely appreciate on a personal level your family is, as it should be, your number one priority. So not keeping up with all forum activity is understandable. But journals have been an ongoing issue of broken promises by FL ever since FL said they could do it better than Galaxie and if you need us to tell you what the problem is at this point in time you clearly have internal communication issues within as your staff must not have kept you fully informed of the disappointment of your customers. 

Suggesting that starting a print journal aimed at seminary professors is the solution to the lack of journals we used to be able to access in Logod but can no longer only reinforces you are out of touch with customers and instead of running off focussing on all these side projects that are not core to Logos Bible Software you need to get your hands back into that core business. Are you aware of the growing concern and disfaction with the fact that dedpite as customers we still pay premium prices for resources the level of tagging and linking in these resources s dropping off? Or are your team not communicating with you on this topic ?

Posts 1882
Donovan R. Palmer | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 15 2017 1:43 PM

In fairness, I know part of the challenges are to do with licensing and that has changed even in the last few years. I seem to recall BAR went their own way to no fault of Logos and I think The Masters Seminary Journey did as well along with a hand full of others. Logos can't be held responsible for that and we as users need to direct our feedback to these entities directly.  I personally expressed my disappointment directly to BAR and even tried to fall in love with their replacement web service to no avail.

So what is the core issue of these threads over so many years?  Journal lovers had grown to look forward to a bundle update at the end of each year with Galaxie. It was dead easy... for about $50 you got a bundle of journal updates to an excellent set of journals. In spite of some very good journal offerings and even expansion to some additional titles since then, the Logos business model is different and has its own strengths.  Logos is not Galaxie.

Probably the vast majority of Logos users did not notice the change in business model or care... otherwise the commercial pressures to create a replacement annual update or annual subscription model would have emerged by now. If it ever does though, I'll be all over it... but until then we adapt.

Posts 4175
Disciple of Christ (doc) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 15 2017 2:30 PM

Yes there are individual titles that have gone their own way, that happened even when Galaxie provided journals for Logos users. Specifically in terms of BAR and others like FOI these were never supplied by Galaxie. I purchased them directly from Logos. But all of that is a distraction from the real issue that FL thought they could do it better than Galaxie and since then it has been a long tail of a flurry of promises from FL that end up broken and then a period of silence followed by another flurry of promises with the cycle continuing broken by the rare appearance of a journal update or popular journal like CT add to the range.

FL is no longer a destination point for journals.

Posts 335
Gordon Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 15 2017 3:03 PM

Bob Pritchett:

praying for continued restoration of strength. Overall she's much better and going in the right direction!

Yes

Posts 729
EastTN | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 15 2017 6:05 PM

Gordon Jones:

Bob Pritchett:

praying for continued restoration of strength. Overall she's much better and going in the right direction!

Yes

Yes

Posts 438
Steve Maling | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 15 2017 9:28 PM

A few zillion of us give thanks for Audra's progress. "Agonizingly slow" may express one of Audra's and your feelings. And the continued "watchful waiting" with all the anxiety about continuing or new twinges, pains, feelings, emotions, etc. is part of the process, say we who have or are on the same journey. But as you already know, you two and we are not alone. Ernest Shackelton's "Fourth Man" and the Fourth in the furnace with Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego remind us of that. Bob, our Lord is truly with you and Audra, all day, all night, now and always.

Posts 1342
Edwin Bowden | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 16 2017 6:08 AM

Bob Pritchett:

Thanks for the update

Posts 2426
Kevin A. Purcell | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 16 2017 6:10 AM

Bob Pritchett:

Indeed very good news. Prayers for continued strength. May the great physician and healer of bodies and soul be with you both and strengthen you both, according to his glorious riches. God bless you both!!!!

Page 1 of 3 (46 items) 1 2 3 Next > | RSS
Copyright 1992-2015 Faithlife / Logos Bible Software.