Google Chrome O/S compatible with Logos 7?

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 879
P A | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Oct 14 2017 6:34 AM

Forgive my ignorance but if I were to purchase a laptop with Google Chrome Operating system would it be compatible with Logos 7?

Thanks

P A

Posts 790
Bill Anderson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 14 2017 7:46 AM

P A:

Forgive my ignorance but if I were to purchase a laptop with Google Chrome Operating system would it be compatible with Logos 7?

Thanks

P A

You'd have to use the Logos web app since ChromeOS can't install Windows executables.

Posts 27675
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 14 2017 10:52 AM

P A:
would it be compatible with Logos 7

The direct answer is "no." Logos 7 is a desktop application and runs on windows or mac. It doesn't run on any other operating system. 

You might be able to run the android app on it... I remember some conversations about that, but since I don't plan to own a Chromebook, I didn't pay too much attention. 

Bill's suggestion of the web app is the only guaranteed method to work. 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 2718
Kevin A. Purcell | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 16 2017 6:34 AM

As said above the simple anewer is no. The Logso 7 Windows app, like every other Windows or Mac app, will not install on a Chromebook of any kind.

There are ways to use Logos on a Chromebook and I do it often. I have one that works with Google Play Store apps, a growing number do. So can install the Logos Android mobile app. it won’t open ina. Full screen window because Logos won’t flip a switch to do so, something I’ve asked for with no response. But it does work in a small window.

The web app keeps getting improvements, but they are all useless to me since I’m a big notes users and the current state of notes on the web app is abysmal. They won’t sync with the desktop or mobile app notes, so they are in isolation from ther other platforms making them useless. The rumor is it will be months before this gets fixed.

I would at this point NOT recommend a Chromebook for use with Logos for the above reasons. I use my Chromebook for writing, web surfing and some note taking with my favorite note taking app (Metamoji Note) from the Android App Store. Until they fix the Logos Android app so you can run it in full screen mode on a Chromebook or until they fix the web app to make it more usable in conjuction with other their other platforms, stick with Windows, Mac for using Logos.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS