Personal books

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 232
Patrick Rietveld | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Oct 19 2017 6:14 AM

Hi, 

What to do if I get a new computer regarding personal books? I don't need to build all of them from bottom again, do I? I recall there was a post about it (or something on the wiki pages), but I can't find it. 

Patrick

Posts 8532
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 19 2017 6:20 AM

Patrick Rietveld:

Hi, 

What to do if I get a new computer regarding personal books? I don't need to build all of them from bottom again, do I? I recall there was a post about it (or something on the wiki pages), but I can't find it. 

Patrick

Patrick,

if you upload the PBs on the old computer (i.e. click the button below build in the PB tool UI), the new machine will automatically download them, no need to recompile. 

Running Logos 7 latest (beta) version

Posts 2660
Don Awalt | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 19 2017 7:55 AM

Better yet, if you don't want to Upload the personal books just for this exercise (as you may be concerned with privacy issues, the fact they are unencrypted, or the fact you can never remove them from Logos' servers, etc.), then get access to your former computer's Resource folder - either via a shared drive on a network, or by copying the folder to a USB driver, external drive, etc. (Folder is at your Logos/Data/scrambled folder name/Resource Manager/Resource folder, if you locate it based on your computer).

Once there, "Scan" it - 'Scan <resource folder path>' from the command box on your Home Page. It will locate all your compiled PBs and add them to your new computer's Logos library without the need to recompile or upload them.

Posts 232
Patrick Rietveld | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 19 2017 8:09 AM

Thanks!!

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS
Copyright 1992-2015 Faithlife / Logos Bible Software.