Best Practices Video Playback

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 3
Kiel Alliance Church | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Oct 26 2017 11:30 AM

I've been searching, but haven't run across anything which would specifically address the issues we're having in Proclaim with our video playback on a Windows 10 machine. Currently, we can play videos via the Windows Media Player and the video/audio are in sync. When we play the same video in Proclaim, the audio will lag behind the video. This happens when we upload the video or play it locally. Lately, it has been happening almost all of the time. We've been using Proclaim for several years now and this didn't happen when we started using Proclaim.

What should I be looking for on the PC to see if there are any settings which could affect the Proclaim playback and get it to work consistently like WMP?

Thank you,

Chris

Posts 354
LogosEmployee
Justin (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 26 2017 2:37 PM

Hello,

Could you give us some more information about your computer, such as whether it is a laptop or desktop, and what your system specifications are?  You can find those by typing in "dxdiag" in the search function at the bottom near your Windows menu.

Also, is your program up to date?  (Help > About Proclaim)

Posts 3
Kiel Alliance Church | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 26 2017 2:57 PM

Hello Justin,

It's a desktop. I'll have to see when I can get back to church to give you the info you desire. 

Proclaim is up to date. We run the updates on Wednesdays after we practice. If an update comes out after Wednesday, it's applied the following week.

From your request for specifics on the PC, can I assume a documented "best practices" does not exist?

Chris

Posts 354
LogosEmployee
Justin (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 27 2017 8:42 AM

Hello,

You can always check out his page here regarding video performance:  https://support.proclaimonline.com/hc/en-us/articles/205675735-How-do-I-improve-my-video-performance-in-Proclaim-

Also ensure no other applications are running alongside Proclaim.  Your system specifications will give us a better view of the situation.  

Posts 3
Kiel Alliance Church | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 8 2017 12:16 PM

Hi Justin,

Here is the result:

8032.DxDiag.txt

Posts 354
LogosEmployee
Justin (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 8 2017 1:48 PM

Hello Kiel Alliance Church,

Are you still experiencing the same problem?  Also, is the audio out of sync if you are just using one monitor instead of two?  

You could always try updating your video drivers here: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS