Update the Logos Web App!

Page 2 of 2 (33 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 32 Replies | 5 Followers

Posts 15
Jason Benham | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 25 2017 3:18 AM

Alan - I'm a little late to the ballgame with the web app, but my initial test drive is phenomenal.  Good work on this.  My only hang up is Notes.  I have thousands of them and they are not showing up in the web app.  I assume they do not natively sync?  I emailed support and they said they do, but I don't see them.  

Thank you for your time

Posts 2679
Kevin A. Purcell | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 25 2017 5:03 AM

Faithlife is in the process of switching their notes system to a new system so the old system used in the mobile apps and the desktop software doesn't sync with the new system in the web app.

Posts 15
Jason Benham | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 25 2017 5:49 AM

Any idea on when those will sync?

Posts 2679
Kevin A. Purcell | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 25 2017 6:09 AM

If anyone at FL knows they aren't telling anyone publicly

Posts 1806
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 25 2017 9:59 PM

Jason Benham:

Alan - I'm a little late to the ballgame with the web app, but my initial test drive is phenomenal.  Good work on this.  My only hang up is Notes.  I have thousands of them and they are not showing up in the web app.  I assume they do not natively sync?  I emailed support and they said they do, but I don't see them.  

Thank you for your time

Thanks for the feedback, Jason.

We're just getting ready to start testing notes migration internally next week. If all goes well, we'll open up an alpha/beta testing opportunity for users to participate as well. We're still several months away from having version 1 of the new notes system ready to ship to all three platforms (desktop, web, and mobile), but they'll be an opportunity to start testing the system with your existing notes in the near future. If all goes well, I'd expect to have the beta open in the next 3 or 4 weeks.

Posts 15
Jason Benham | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 26 2017 4:14 AM

That's wonderful news.  Love it!  You guys are so proactive in bringing more value to your users.  That's one of the things I love most about Logos.  Will there be an announcement for beta users?  I'm a walking beta test, so I love trying stuff out.

Thanks again. 

Posts 1806
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 28 2017 11:42 PM

Jason Benham:
That's wonderful news.  Love it!  You guys are so proactive in bringing more value to your users.  That's one of the things I love most about Logos.

Thanks for the kind words, Jason.

Jason Benham:
Will there be an announcement for beta users?  I'm a walking beta test, so I love trying stuff out.

Yes. We'll probably post something in the forums about the beta.

Posts 15
Jason Benham | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 5 2018 7:26 AM

Phil - is there a way to possibly export all of my Notes in bulk from the desktop version and import into the Web App?  If so, from that point forward I would just start using the Web App and no longer the desktop version for future notes.  Just thinking out loud. 

Posts 1806
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 5 2018 9:46 PM

Jason Benham:

Phil - is there a way to possibly export all of my Notes in bulk from the desktop version and import into the Web App?  If so, from that point forward I would just start using the Web App and no longer the desktop version for future notes.  Just thinking out loud. 

We're getting close to opening up a private beta that will enable you to migrate your desktop/mobile notes over to the new notes system on the web. It'll also allow you to try the new notes system inside the desktop app. I hope to have an announcement about the beta opportunity later this month.

Posts 15
Jason Benham | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 6 2018 5:01 AM

well that's a fantastic way to start the new year!  thanks so much

Posts 218
Hans van den Herik | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 23 2018 12:45 AM

Is there any news on an upcoming beta?

Hans

Posts 323
LogosEmployee

A.J. van den Herik:

Is there any news on an upcoming beta?

Hans

There's a group now to participate in a closed beta. Adam provided details here: https://community.logos.com/forums/p/156260/953289.aspx#953289

Posts 218
Hans van den Herik | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 6 2018 12:51 PM

Thanks! I’m in.

Page 2 of 2 (33 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS