Fonts per resource assigned by the users

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 1614
Forum MVP
Veli Voipio | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Nov 8 2017 10:53 PM

This morning there was a header: "Why Every Bible Reader Needs to Know About Biblical Typography" in my Logos home page. 

https://today.faithlife.com/2017/11/08/why-every-bible-reader-needs-to-know-about-biblical-typography/ 

I did not have time to watch the video but I assume the content is great.

Again it came into my mind that Logos should implement such a feature that the users could assign their own fonts to the resources (and perhaps backgrounds, too).

For interlinears, different fonts and possibly different colors and different sizes for different lines defined by the user.

As I understand, these are technically possible  and relatively easy to implement and could boost sales.

Gold package, and original language material and ancient text material, SIL and UBS books, discourse Hebrew OT and Greek NT. PC with Windows 8.1

Posts 34
Benny | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 9 2017 12:27 AM

This would be a really big upgrade for me

Veli Voipio:

For interlinears, different fonts and possibly different colors and different sizes for different lines defined by the user.

As I understand, these are technically possible  and relatively easy to implement and could boost sales.

Posts 19044
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 9 2017 6:54 AM

Veli Voipio:
Again it came into my mind that Logos should implement such a feature that the users could assign their own fonts to the resources (and perhaps backgrounds, too)

Searching Logos User Voice suggestions at Desktop applications & Now features for font found one embedded in a list (that has 6 votes). FYI: found several suggestions for font setting per language.

Hence, two suggestions: 

Every user has 10 votes per UserVoice forum
Up to 3 votes on one suggestion

Desktop applications & Now features => Allow each pane to have an individual background color has 156 votes

Desktop applications & Now features => Night Mode for PC/Mac with 64 votes and => black background with 44 votes include Faithlife reply on 14 Apr 2016:

Bradley Grainger:

See https://wiki.logos.com/Night_Mode for ways to invert the colors on your PC/Mac, including Logos 6.

Desktop applications & Now features => Add Themes to personalize colors/colours and improve readability has 34 votes

Desktop applications & Now features => Place More Emphasis on Updates Which Reduce Eye Strain and Increase Eye Comfort has 6 votes with list of nine suggested items including:

• Allow users to customize the panel background color and font color, style, and size within the Power Lookup Tool.

Desktop applications & Now features => Add black or dark gray to resource panel backgrounds has 3 votes

Veli Voipio:

Desktop applications & Now features => Increase font size of interlinear call out at bottom of page when hoovering over greek or hebrew words. has 7 votes

Desktop applications & Now features => Allow us to change the Greek and Hebrew font of the reverse interlinears has 2 votes

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 1614
Forum MVP
Veli Voipio | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 9 2017 8:27 AM

Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :):
Add to Logos 8 Wishlist thread

Done

I feel the voting for the suggestions does not work well in the current way. Having 10 votes and a relatively small number of activists with their possibly narrow interests does not give a precise picture of the real need or popularity of the feature.

If FL could send email to users to vote for a few selected features, then the voting could be more proportional to the interests in the whole group?

Gold package, and original language material and ancient text material, SIL and UBS books, discourse Hebrew OT and Greek NT. PC with Windows 8.1

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS