MacBook Pro and High Sierra freezes running Logos 7

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 170
Jim Snowden | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Nov 13 2017 12:25 PM

I recently upgraded to high sierra and now a few minutes after starting Logos, the whole machine hangs and the only way out is to hold the power button down to hard shutdown the system. 

Other apps I'm running seem to be fine and there are no hangs. 

Logos worked fine in Sierra 10.12, so I am thinking it might be some clash between Logos 7 and 10.13. I just updated High Sierra to the latest bug fix 10.13.1 and the problem is still there. 

Something I read on an apple forum suggested some apps have problems with the graphics card in older MacBook pro machines like my late-2012 one on 10.13.1 (including some Adobe app). People on the forum tried completely reinstalling MacOS to try to solve their other app problems, but that made no difference. The only way out seemed to be to downgrade to 10.12.

I also have a MacMini with 10.13.1 and Logos runs fine on that with no hangs.

Anyone else seeing this freezing problem with high sierra? (just before I try to downgrade back to 10.12 so I can run logos!)

Jim

Posts 1077
Lee | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 15 2017 4:17 AM

Jim sorry you are having problems, I have mid 2015 MacBook Pro Retina 15 running Intel Iris Pro  graphics with any problems I am on 10.13.1

L4 Bible Study, L5 Reformed Bronze, & L5 Gold, L6 Platinum & Reformed Platinum, L7 Platinum, L8 Baptist Platinum.
2015 rMBP 15" 2.2GHz 16GB 256GB SSD, running macOS Mojave   iPad Mini 4,   iPhone 6.

Posts 301
LogosEmployee
Brandyn Whittington | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 20 2017 10:48 AM

Hey Jim!

We can certainly dig into this a bit with you, but first we'll want to collect some diagnostic logs. You can find our guide on acquiring them here.

Once you have them, please update this thread with them and we can see if we can glean any information from them. It's odd for Logos to cause the entire system to lock up like that, so there may be something else occurring. At the very least the logs should be able to point us in the right direction.

Posts 2
jacob bice | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 29 2017 12:21 PM

I just upgraded my Imac and have a similar problem. When I open Logos it almost immediately shuts down. My Imac is late 2015.

Posts 27780
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 29 2017 1:35 PM

jacob bice:

I just upgraded my Imac and have a similar problem. When I open Logos it almost immediately shuts down. My Imac is late 2015.

If a restart of your computer doesnt fix the problem, please create a new thread, provide appropriate details, and post logs. See my signature line for instructions. 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS