iPad sync

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 8
Martin Hall | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Nov 13 2017 7:59 PM

I created a sermon on my mac, but am unable to get it on my iPad. Is there an issue that is preventing the iPad app from syncing?

Posts 18363
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 13 2017 11:18 PM

Martin Hall:

I created a sermon on my mac, but am unable to get it on my iPad. Is there an issue that is preventing the iPad app from syncing?

Its difficult to know without more information 

Have you done this before successfully?

Are other things syncing successfully?

Which versions of Logos SW are you running on your Mac and which app / versions on your iPad?

Posts 8
Martin Hall | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 14 2017 6:53 AM

I am using Logos 7 & own the Bronze Library, I am also a Logos Now subscriber. I have created sermons on my mac in the past & then within a couple of minutes am able to see the document on my iPad app of Logos. I think that there is a bug preventing this from happening currently. I am not sure, but even now, approx. 14 hours after creating the document on my mac, I still am unable to find the document on my iPad. As a quick fix I ended up exporting it as a .pdf & then airdropped it to my iPad in iBooks, but still it is irritating & wanted to make Logos aware, but it doesn't appear that there is a way of reporting a problem.

Posts 18363
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 14 2017 7:12 AM

Martin Hall:
I am using Logos 7 & own the Bronze Library, I am also a Logos Now subscriber.

So can we assume you are currently using Logos 7.10?

Martin Hall:
I think that there is a bug preventing this from happening currently. I am not sure, but even now, approx. 14 hours after creating the document on my mac, I still am unable to find the document on my iPad

I don't think it is a general bug in the software - I am seeing sermon documents sync to my iPad.

So we need to explore where the problem is taking place. For background - syncing happens via Faithlife (Logos) servers so documents sync from your Logos desktop to Logos servers to iPad.

Are there any indications of anything else not syncing correctly. If, for example, you create a note on your desktop does that sync with the iPad app?

Sometimes when things aren't syncing correctly on the desktop your software displays a red exclamation mark in the small circles that indicate synchronisation is taking place. Do you see this at all?

To start narrowing down where the problem lies please go to https://documents.logos.com/ in your browser, log in with your standard Logos id and you should see all the Documents you have created. Does the Sermon document show up there? If so sync from the desktop is working fine and we need to look at why it isn't syncing down to the iPad. But if it is not there the problem is at the desktop end.

Posts 8
Martin Hall | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 14 2017 6:17 PM

I have had documents sync to my iPad in the past, however, for some reason this document has not been able to sync. I looked at the mobile web app & I see the document there, but not on the app on iPad, it's weird. I do see the document on my iPhone as well. I went ahead & deleted my app on my iPad & then reinstalled the app & signed in again, still no document. I don't know what the problem is. Doesn't matter at this time, as my class that I was teaching has already been taught. 

Posts 18363
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 14 2017 11:25 PM

That shows the problem is on the iPad end which is useful to know 

Is it just this one document that is not syncing or is syncing not working to your iPad at all

Posts 8
Martin Hall | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 15 2017 6:33 AM

It is just one. 

Posts 18363
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 15 2017 6:52 AM

Martin Hall:

It is just one. 

In which case I recommend contacting Customer Servuces - https://www.logos.com/contact - to see if they can diagnose that specific issue

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS
Copyright 1992-2015 Faithlife / Logos Bible Software.