Secular books

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
This post has 10 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 746
Josh Hunt | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Nov 17 2017 1:10 PM

Has Faithlife ever given thought to including secular books in their offering?

Logos customers: would you buy secular books from Faithlife ?

Posts 1022
Keith Pang | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 17 2017 1:15 PM

Possibly...depends what it is. I thought this is what Noet was kind of for? I could be wrong. 

Shalom, in Christ, Keith. Check out my music www.soundcloud.com/kpang808

Posts 2135
Jan Krohn | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 17 2017 1:21 PM

Absolutely, that'd be great for research, including "hostile" books like "the God Dilusion".

Past IT Consultant. Past Mission Worker. Entrepreneur. Future Seminary Student.
Why Amazon sucks: Full background story of my legal dispute with the online giant

Posts 1043
William Gabriel | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 17 2017 1:23 PM

I wish I could buy Dracula for Logos.

*kidding*

Posts 781
scooter | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 17 2017 1:30 PM

William Gabriel:

*kidding*

U mean ''from'' Logos, right??

Posts 1022
Keith Pang | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 17 2017 1:31 PM

LOL

Shalom, in Christ, Keith. Check out my music www.soundcloud.com/kpang808

Posts 995
EastTN | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 17 2017 1:46 PM

I certainly buy secular books. Some are relevant to the studies I do in Logos, and some aren't.  I actually think the Logos/Noet/Vyrso distinction makes sense.  I look to Logos for books that would support Bible study or a seminary paper.  I look to Noet for classics.  I look to Vyrso for lighter fare. 

So for me, it's more a matter of my purpose for going to the "storefront" than it is whether a book is secular or not, or whether I agree with it or not.  It's handy to be able to approach Logos for the same sort of materials I might find in a church or seminary library, Noet for the kind of materials I might find in a general humanities library, and Vyrso for what I might find in a mall bookstore.

Posts 2135
Jan Krohn | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 17 2017 2:14 PM

William Gabriel:

*kidding*

Actually, you once could buy it for about a day or so, before they pulled it from Noet...

Past IT Consultant. Past Mission Worker. Entrepreneur. Future Seminary Student.
Why Amazon sucks: Full background story of my legal dispute with the online giant

Posts 193
Daniel Radke | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 17 2017 10:48 PM

Josh Hunt:

Has Faithlife ever given thought to including secular books in their offering?

If my memory is correct, there was once a website owned by Faithlife other than Logos, Noet, or Vyrso that offered secular books from a wide variety of publishers. The electronic books purchased from this site were compatible in Logos Bible Software. I do not remember the name of the site, and perhaps it has since been canceled?

eChristianResources.com - Connecting Christians With Quality Evangelical Resources Available For FREE On The Internet (including links to free Logos/Vyrso resources!)

Posts 325
Sue McIntyre | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 18 2017 12:51 AM

I agree that it is valuable to also have secular books in the same library.

Noet has 2 different sites which seem to sell different books from each other.

There is https://noet.com/ which has a more academic product line, and the other is the one mentioned by Dale above https://ebooks.noet.com/ . This second one has a focus on general literature and is well worth a browse. The available categories  include: 

Genre Fiction (6874) History (2673) Social Science (2020) Education (1366) Biography (1255) Politics (1167) Young Adult Fiction (1161) Philosophy (860) Juvenile Fiction (787) Literary Criticism (714) Travel (694) Sports & Recreation (671) Reference (457) Cooking (426) Performing Arts (364) Music (360) Business & Economics (350) Counseling and Psychology(312) Family & Relationships (287)
Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS