Worse Daily Verse Art Ever

Page 1 of 2 (27 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 26 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 6069
DAL | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Nov 19 2017 11:15 AM

An emoji with an open mouth? Really? I don’t think anybody in their right mind would think that emoji illustrates Proverbs 31:26.  Sorry, but better art is needed for the daily verse. Or should I say, more creativity. 

Doesn’t look good.

DAL

Posts 6069
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 19 2017 11:24 AM

Here, I have your next daily verse art to Illustrate how bad yours looks:

Posts 5226
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 19 2017 11:24 AM

LOL well you win some you lose some... Psalm 139:14 has a sowing machine and a needle... which I suppose is ok... but I'd prefer knitting needles. All in all everyone is going to be very different.. we may choose different things but all in all I don't think either are offensive just not great... The emoticon above reminds me of Wilma Flintstone who was a fairly wise cartoon character in my estimation rightly or wrong.... 

-dan

Posts 6069
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 19 2017 11:27 AM

Dan Francis:

LOL well you win some you lose some... Psalm 139:14 has a sowing machine and a needle... which I suppose is ok... but I'd prefer knitting needles. All in all everyone is going to be very different.. we may choose different things but all in all I don't think either are offensive just not great... The emoticon above reminds me of Wilma Flintstone who was a fairly wise cartoon character in my estimation rightly or wrong.... 

-dan

Yep, I’m not saying they’re offensive. They just don’t look right or great. It seems like little effort went into the art that illustrated that verse. See my own lazy example above 👍ðŸĪŠðŸ‘Œ

DAL

Posts 27
Julian West | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 19 2017 12:09 PM

I think your critique is harsh.

Surely you can see the irony of this.

("...teaching of kindness...")

I think it's pretty neat in that it blends Warhol era ('80's) with the contemporary Millennial era that's all about the emoji  (emojis?  I dunno the plural; I grew up on ASCII art). 

Logos 7 Base + Platinum Library + Now | Surface Pro 2017 | i7-7700K Desktop | i7-4800MQ Gaming Laptop | Android 7.1.2

Posts 5226
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 19 2017 12:58 PM

DAL:
See my own lazy example above 👍ðŸĪŠðŸ‘Œ

I kind of liked it...

-dan

Posts 2009
GaoLu | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 19 2017 1:54 PM

Awwwww, I think the red head is cute! Maybe because my wife is a a redhead and people all around love her, and the teaching of her tongue is kindness.. A couple times a year I see Verse Art that I don't care for so much; and being rather picky, I still find  99 out of 100 are just great.  Personally, I think the creativity of the artists is phenomenal and hugely appreciate their verse art.  

Posts 2968
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 19 2017 2:38 PM

Gao Lu:
Personally, I think the creativity of the artists is phenomenal and hugely appreciate their verse art.

Yes

While I can understand that not every verse art may appeal to everyone, I like how the combination of art and scripture can work together to produce something more emotional or profound. Occasionally the art ends up as my desktop background.

Julian West:
I think it's pretty neat in that it blends Warhol era ('80's) with the contemporary Millennial era that's all about the emoji

Knowing zip about art, I simply appreciated it without recognizing any influence.

Grateful for their creativity and talent!

Posts 2755
Erwin Stull, Sr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 19 2017 5:30 PM

Personally, this one doesn't hit me with a "Wow", however, I'm thinking that there is a group that would understand this perfectly. I take it that this one is for that group. :-)

Posts 134
C.E.H. | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 20 2017 12:55 AM

Gao Lu:

A couple times a year I see Verse Art that I don't care for so much; and being rather picky, I still find  99 out of 100 are just great.  Personally, I think the creativity of the artists is phenomenal and hugely appreciate their verse art.  

Yes, they are doing a good job! Not everybody needs to like it. Sure this one isn't one of their best, but nobody is perfect.

I'm generelly thankful for the verse of the day FREE works from FL. Thank you!

Posts 157
Donn Arms | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 20 2017 6:26 AM

I have found the verse "art" to be universally garish and off putting. Thank you, Faithlife, for giving us the option of simply turning it off.

Posts 27
Julian West | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 20 2017 6:39 AM

I find it biblical:

You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, and when you walk by the way, and when you lie down, and when you rise. You shall bind them as a sign on your hand, and they shall be as frontlets between your eyes. You shall write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates.

The Holy Bible: English Standard Version (Wheaton, IL: Crossway Bibles, 2016), Dt 6:7–9.

Logos 7 Base + Platinum Library + Now | Surface Pro 2017 | i7-7700K Desktop | i7-4800MQ Gaming Laptop | Android 7.1.2

Posts 993
EastTN | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 20 2017 7:11 AM

This one didn't work for me, but many of them have.  I'm glad they're making the effort to create the verse art and make it available.

Posts 218
Jeremy White | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 20 2017 9:18 AM

My pet peeve is that they have some verses that have been done more than once. John 1:14 for instance. If they've run out of ideas for verses I've got a list for them :)

Jeremy

A song I wrote and recorded : He Who Sits Upon The Throne

Posts 1672
LogosEmployee
Bob Pritchett | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 21 2017 4:10 PM

We've done more than 1,000 verses... feel free to suggest favorites we haven't covered, though! You can reply right here.

Posts 49
Rod | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 22 2017 8:55 AM

Is there a place in Logos 7 or the Logos website where you can view all the verses that have been done?

Thanks!

Posts 21530
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 22 2017 9:07 AM

Rod:

Is there a place in Logos 7 or the Logos website where you can view all the verses that have been done?

Thanks!

It is one of the facet options in the Media Tool

Posts 218
Jeremy White | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 22 2017 9:37 AM

Thanks Bob.

Here are some passages of immediate interest to me:

Hebrews 13:2

Romans 12:13

2 Samuel 22:31-32

Ruth 1:16

Exodus 20:3

Leviticus 11:44a

1 John 2:2

Ecclesiastes 5:11

A song I wrote and recorded : He Who Sits Upon The Throne

Posts 5226
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 22 2017 10:29 AM

My suggestions might be very mischievous.... I can think of numerous verses that wouldn't be overly appropriate for rendering, although a few of the ones I am thinking of could be quick hilarious...

Devil

-Dan

Posts 4547
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 22 2017 11:19 AM

Bob 

Thanks for the offer...

On this general theme I think that you could gain a bit of kudos by getting the design folk (both Logos and Proclaim) to take a look at the Revised Common Lectionary each Monday morning. There will be a sizeable subset of your subscribers who will be focusing on those readings.

(actually they might need to work a fortnight in advance so that the Sunday illustrations are ready for the Monday morning. 😊  )

Page 1 of 2 (27 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS