Putting a rocket in Logos 4

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 16
Nathan Monk | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Apr 11 2010 11:42 PM

Hi all, 

Firstly well done to you all, this app just rocks. I am running A 17 on a MacBook Pro 2.16 Dual Core 2, so it is not that fast. But that said I have just installed a 128GB SSD and now, well what can I say but wow! 

Doing a Bible study prior to the SSD would take about 45 seconds to get all the (available) resources up. Now it takes less than five seconds. I believe that the application will get faster as time and versions go on so this will really take flight.

The setup that I have is:

MacBook Pro

2.16Ghz Dual Core 2
4GB Ram
128Gb SSD.

Well worth the expense if you want/need the performance. 

Keep up the great work dev team, you are doing great things.

Yours in Christ

Nathan

Posts 206
Aaron Knotts | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 11 2010 11:59 PM

What sort of drive did you have in your Mac before that?  I haven't a Mac, but am wondering if I'd notice the improvement in my "Dapple" (Dell with an Apple sticker over the logo).

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015), 2.5 GHz Intel Core i7

16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3, AMD Radeon R9 M370X 2048 MB

Posts 16
Nathan Monk | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 12 2010 12:08 AM

Hi Aaron

I had a 5400rpm 120Gb stock apple SATA drive, the performance is very noticeable right across the whole laptop. The old drive had just been formatted and apps reinstalled, so it is not a case of old drive full of rubbish ;-) 

I went with a Kingston 425 V series SSD, I would have preferred to try the Patriot but they are still too pricy. 

Are you running Mac OS on the Dell? Well done if you are... 

Regards

Nathan

Posts 206
Aaron Knotts | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 12 2010 12:19 AM

Nathan Monk:

Hi Aaron

I had a 5400rpm 120Gb stock apple SATA drive, the performance is very noticeable right across the whole laptop. The old drive had just been formatted and apps reinstalled, so it is not a case of old drive full of rubbish ;-) 

I went with a Kingston 425 V series SSD, I would have preferred to try the Patriot but they are still too pricy. 

Are you running Mac OS on the Dell? Well done if you are... 

Regards

Nathan

Hi Nathan,

sadly I am back to using XP after my last reinstall of the HDD as the legit OS I had access to needed to be used on another Mac so the my wee Dell is out of luck. I would like to replace the Dell with a Mac next time round (was an Apple user from a waaaay back)....but I am concerned about performance of Logos above all else and would like to have the blazing speeds that others are experiencing, dare I say it, on PC's.

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015), 2.5 GHz Intel Core i7

16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3, AMD Radeon R9 M370X 2048 MB

Posts 3160
LogosEmployee
Thomas Ball | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 12 2010 11:17 AM

Nathan:

I'm in the market for a new MBP (waiting for the i7 version to come out) and at least with your MBP, how easy was it to replace the HDD? IF you had Apple Care is it considered kosher, and not something that voids the warranty?

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS