Theological Dictionary of the Old Testament

Page 5 of 6 (113 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next >
This post has 112 Replies | 14 Followers

Posts 1
Ismael Silva | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 23 2012 2:15 PM

Does anyone know, if Logos will provide the TDOT for Logos Bible Software?

Posts 8583
Forum MVP
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 23 2012 2:18 PM

Ismael Silva:

According to this thread: yes if they can get a deal worked out with the publisher.

Truth Is Still Truth Even if You Don't Believe It

Check the Wiki

Warning: Sarcasm is my love language. I may inadvertently express my love to you.

Posts 9944
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 23 2012 3:11 PM

Ismael Silva:

If I were a betting man, I would lay money on it.

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 250
Edwin Sully PAYET | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 23 2012 7:37 PM

I have asked them WORDsearch if they have a possible release date.

here is their reply:

[collapse]On Sep 11, 2012, at 11:24 PM, WORDsearch Sales Support wrote:

"The Theological Dictionary of the Old Testament is still a few months away.  We are unsure of the exact release date, but know it won't be in the very near future."

[/collapse]
Posts 4391
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 26 2012 3:14 AM

Edwin Sully PAYET:

I have asked them WORDsearch if they have a possible release date.

here is their reply:

"The Theological Dictionary of the Old Testament is still a few months away.  We are unsure of the exact release date, but know it won't be in the very near future."

Hey, that's an interesting trick...how do you get the "click to appear" feature to work? I've never seen that before...and is it a forum-exclusive thing or something that is portable? Thanks.

[/collapse]
Posts 596
LaRosa Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 26 2012 7:55 AM

Edwin Sully PAYET:

Edwin,

The WS sales rep may have gotten their products mixed up. WORDsearch does not presently have the Theological Dictionary of the Old Testament licensed, nor are they working on it. The rep might have gotten it confused with the Zondervan title "New International Dictionary of Old Testament Theology & Exegesis" that is presently being developed by WORDsearch and will be released in the coming months.

I hope that clears things up.

[/collapse]

Urban Scholar - http://urban-scholar.com 
Christ-centered Hip-Hop - http://www.sphereofhiphop.com

Posts 4391
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 28 2012 4:39 PM

LaRosa Johnson:

The WS sales rep may have gotten their products mixed up. WORDsearch does not presently have the Theological Dictionary of the Old Testament licensed, nor are they working on it. The rep might have gotten it confused with the Zondervan title "New International Dictionary of Old Testament Theology & Exegesis" that is presently being developed by WORDsearch and will be released in the coming months.

I hope that clears things up.

That...is depressing. I have to say though, I was actually pleasantly surprised (elated, even!!) to hear TDOT was just "months" from availability. Now I guess you can consider me...unsurprised.

Posts 64
Joshua Daniel Simmons | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 29 2012 12:05 PM

Tack on another interested Logos user for the TDOT.  How about folding it into a base package, say Scholar's Gold and higher?

Posts 14
M. David Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 7 2013 9:07 AM

I have the hardcopy through Volume 15. I contacted Eerdmans re; the final two volumes ( 16 = Aramaic, 17 = Index ) and got this response this morning:

Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE MicrosoftInternetExplorer4

Thank you for your interest in TDOT. The German publisher reports that volume 16 (Aramaic) will be completed in 2014, and we anticipate our English translation will appear the following year. Indexing of the Hebrew volumes is ready, awaiting only the Aramaic.

Sincerely,

Allen Myers

Allen C. Myers

Senior Editor

Wm. B. Eerdmans Publishing Co.

2140 Oak Industrial Drive N.E.

Grand Rapids, MI 49505

amyers@eerdmans.com

Posts 299
JPH | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 9 2013 4:53 PM

Joshua Daniel Simmons:
How about folding it into a base package, say Scholar's Gold and higher?

hahahahahaha  Stick out tongue

Posts 571
Martin Grainger Dean | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 27 2013 6:32 AM
Bill Nienhuis:
There are some significant copyright issues we must overcome if there is to be a Logos edition of TDOT. We're working on this, but we can make no publication forecast at this time.
Any news on this? Martin.
Posts 2604
Milkman | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 27 2013 7:03 AM

Absolutely.

mm.

mm.

Posts 2148
Lee | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 1 2013 10:47 AM

Yes

Thumbs up for a suggestion that won't go away...

Posts 1
AW1983 | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 6 2013 7:54 AM

I concur. 

Posts 570
Hans | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 19 2013 1:15 PM

Please add the TDOT. It simply can't be missed in Logos.

MacOS Sierra / Logos 7 Collector's Edition & All Base Packages / Logos Now

Posts 545
Kevin A Lewis | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 29 2013 8:03 AM

This really is long overdue - highlights a bad overfocus on the NT as over the OT.

Should have been seens as essential to provide as a supplier and to then buy as a user.

Posts 1
Thad Austin | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 14 2013 1:50 PM

I agree totally.  I would benefit from this resource.

Posts 1620
Kenneth Neighoff | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 14 2013 2:03 PM

This would be a great resource to have in Logos.

Posts 15
Thomas Sterbens | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 12 2014 12:47 PM

Add my vote!!!!

Posts 549
Caleb S. | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 3 2014 9:57 PM

So, I asked someone at Logos if anyone at Logos had talked to Eerdmans about getting the TDOT. This is what I was told:

"Dear Caleb,

Eerdmans does not hold the digital rights to the TDOT. They can only print it. At last count, there were at least 15 individual Germans who own the digital rights, and they have been extremely elusive or generally unwilling to discuss the options."

So, Logos is definitely interested in getting the TDOT. The problem is those individual Germans who own the digital rights who have no interest in allowing the TDOT to be published electronically in Logos (or in any other program). As you can imagine, I was (and still am) very disappointed (and annoyed) that it won't be coming to Logos any time soon. I do hope that someday it will come to Logos, but it looks like I will have no choice but to buy each of the books until they become available electronically (or find a nearby library that has them, or interlibrary loan).

Logos 7.4 + Logos Now | OS X El Capitan 10.12.3 | Mid 2015 Macbook Pro 15" | 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 | 16 GB RAM | 1 TB SSD PCIe Express

Page 5 of 6 (113 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next > | RSS
Copyright 1992-2015 Faithlife / Logos Bible Software.