Logos/Verbum 7: Periodic Crash on macOS 10.12 & 10.13

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 54
Michael Sheaver | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Nov 22 2017 6:46 AM

Ever since early this summer, I have been experiencing periodic freezes and crashes in Logos/Verbum 7 (desktop) on macOS 10.12 and 10.13. It is more of an annoyance to me than anything else, for it does work as expected after the app relaunch. To help you understand what is happening, I put together this video: https://youtu.be/euP8ZfDWm-A. I hope you find it helpful.

I do have Xcode installed on both the MacBook and iMac, with all of the developer tools; if there is additional information you need for your troubleshooting, just let me know, and I will gladly provide it for you.

Posts 2635
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 22 2017 8:44 AM

Hi Michael,

Thank you so much for your video. What would be very helpful is if you could follow the instructions listed here: https://www.logos.com/support/mac/report-problem and use the utility to provide sample logs. However, instead of using the email listed on the paged linked, please email it to testing AT Faithlife Dot Com and include a link to this forum thread. This will profile what is going on. If you could also include a screenshot of the layout with a list of the resources that would also help in recreating the issue.

Blessings,

Philana

Posts 54
Michael Sheaver | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 22 2017 9:32 AM

Hi Philana, I can definitely do this for you, no problem. I am a bit unclear as to what you are requesting in regard to the list of resources; do you mean the full listing of the library resources? If so, what format do you want this list? CSV? PDF?

I have installed the Logos logging utility, and will be sure to run it before each time I open up Logos. Quite often when this happens, it completely locks the system up, and after some time it kicks me all the way out to the login screen. When I log back in, sometimes Logos runs again on its own and sometimes it doesn't. How do I capture the logs if it logs me completely out?

Thanksgiving blessings back to you and your loved ones!

Posts 2635
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 22 2017 9:47 AM

Michael Sheaver:

I am a bit unclear as to what you are requesting in regard to the list of resources; do you mean the full listing of the library resources? If so, what format do you want this list? CSV? PDF?

Hi Michael,

I'm sorry if I was unclear, I meant any resources that are open in the layout (not your entire library). At times it can be difficult from a screenshot (especially if there are a lot of tabs) to tell what the specific resources are. If you could click on the resource info button and copy the support info for each of the resources that are open in the layout, it will be help. The support info will let me know the exact version of the resource.

Thanks,

Philana

Posts 54
Michael Sheaver | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 26 2017 6:58 PM

Hi Philana,

The application finally crashed today, and I sent the requested supporting information and log files via email already. Do not hesitate to contact me if you need additional information for troubleshooting.

Blessings,

Michael

Posts 54
Michael Sheaver | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 29 2017 4:20 AM

Philana, just a quick update for you...

Verbum crashed again this morning, and I have already emailed the new log archive to the testing mailbox. Can you check and confirm that you are indeed receiving them?

The log utility does not need to be running before I launch Verbum, correct? (Just want to make sure.)

Also, what does the sample button do inside the log utility, and do you need me to do that?

Blessings!

Michael

Posts 2635
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 29 2017 8:45 AM

Hi Michael,

Yes, I did recieve them, thanks for sending them. You do need to have the logging utility running before you launch the application. This page has more detailed information https://www.logos.com/support/mac/report-problem

Posts 2635
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 29 2017 9:55 AM

Michael Sheaver:

Also, what does the sample button do inside the log utility, and do you need me to do that?

Blessings!

Michael

Michael,

The sample should be done during the hang (freeze) this sample will help us see what is happening. If you could also take a sample when it freezes and send those as well. This will help further diagnose the issue.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS