Bible Study Magazine: Now at a lower price on Pre Pub

Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
This post has 11 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 1023
Keith Pang | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Nov 22 2017 12:58 PM

I am back in on this as they have lowered the price to $74.99 instead of $117.99! I think this is a great deal. Thanks Faithlife!!!

https://www.logos.com/product/145946/bible-study-magazine-logos-ed-2008-2017 

Shalom, in Christ, Keith. Check out my music www.soundcloud.com/kpang808

Posts 507
Richard Villanueva | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 22 2017 1:01 PM

!! Didn't see that coming.  Much appreciated.  Although, I have to think it through since I have these in print as well.... Hmmm. 

If this is going to be a regular update (like the proposed journal plan) I may opt in for the digital version as opposed to the print magazine.

MBPro'12 / i5 / 8GB // 3.0 Scholars (Purple) / L6 & L7 Platinum, M&E Platinum, Anglican Bronze, P&C Silver / L8 Platinum, Academic Pro

Posts 2538
Jan Krohn | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 22 2017 1:49 PM

I agree. It's a fantastic deal now - around $1.40 per issue. I'm back in. Thanks FL!

Past IT Consultant. Past Mission Worker. Entrepreneur. Future Seminary Student.
Why Amazon sucks: Full background story of my legal dispute with the online giant

Posts 1023
Keith Pang | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 22 2017 1:50 PM

Yeah I didn't either...I only have like 6 issues total in print, so I guess I had a bigger reason to jump in on this. I hope they continue to produce it electronically as well, seems as if this is their direction

Shalom, in Christ, Keith. Check out my music www.soundcloud.com/kpang808

Posts 3695
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 22 2017 2:11 PM

Much better price. Now I'm in

Posts 507
Richard Villanueva | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 22 2017 3:13 PM

Keith Pang:
I hope they continue to produce it electronically as well, seems as if this is their direction

Mattillo:

Much better price.

Yes

MBPro'12 / i5 / 8GB // 3.0 Scholars (Purple) / L6 & L7 Platinum, M&E Platinum, Anglican Bronze, P&C Silver / L8 Platinum, Academic Pro

Posts 2751
Kevin A. Purcell | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 22 2017 3:45 PM

Sorry, but as a subscriber I don't agree. I've already paid for the content once.

Posts 140
Dave Colclough | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 23 2017 3:55 AM

Much better value! I'm in.

Posts 2829
Don Awalt | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 23 2017 4:51 AM

Kevin A. Purcell:

Sorry, but as a subscriber I don't agree. I've already paid for the content once.

But you didn't pay for the ability to search it and include it in your Bible study tools. For $1.49 an issue you get that. If you only want text and pictures to look at, you have it as you noted.

Posts 7054
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 23 2017 7:44 AM

Don Awalt:

Kevin A. Purcell:

But you didn't pay for the ability to search it and include it in your Bible study tools. For $1.49 an issue you get that. If you only want text and pictures to look at, you have it as you noted.

Well said! Everybody brags about tagging and searchability when others compare paper vs Logos books. Now those same individuals don’t want to pay for the tagging and searchability just because they have a paper version of it or subscription? Look at it this way: Pretend you own the print version of Matthew Henry’s commentary and now you want to upgrade to the Logos version of it. Should Logos give you the free Logos version just because you own the print version? The same principle applies with their now new Logos version of BSM.  Some have a paper subscription. You want a digital version pay for the upgrade as there is no digital subscription. Plain and simple.  I know the way Logos does things sometimes makes many of us feel cheated but hey it is what it is.  We don’t call the shots and the company can’t be giving away stuff just because some are upset at the way things get set up later. Remember, everyone wanted a digital version, now it‘s available. All you have to do is pay to upgrade. 👍😁👌

DAL

Ps. Besides, Logos has promised that you won’t pay for the same content twice, but that only applies to Logos books, not paper subscriptions.

AND, AND, AND...what about those journals you had a paper subscription for and now you paid for the Logos version? No one complained, every one was happy and was thanking Logos soooooo much for making it available 😉 why so grouchy now? Keep calm: Don’t be grouchy 👍ðŸĪŠðŸ‘Œ

Posts 2751
Kevin A. Purcell | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 23 2017 8:30 AM

Don Awalt:

Kevin A. Purcell:

I'm just sharing my opinion. Logos charges a lot more for their tagging than other companies do for theirs. If this was under $50 I'd get interested, but not more. However, all the people who love paying more will pay so I will not get the use of them for that price. It's my choice and their's.

Posts 114
Gerald | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 26 2017 6:38 AM

Does anyone know if we will be able to purchase individual volumes after they are completed? I would like to only purchase the 1 or 2 volumes I don't currently have in my print collection. Purchasing printed copies gets expensive to ship.

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS