Logos 7 Essential Upgrades

Page 4 of 5 (89 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next >
This post has 88 Replies | 7 Followers

Posts 461
Robert Harner | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 25 2017 1:23 PM

Martin Folley:
... but I still have 50+ resources in my library that are on Temporary License.

How many did you have before getting it? I had 45 temp resources before getting the large package and now I have 11 temp resources, 8 of them are manuals.

Posts 1073
Martin Folley | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 25 2017 10:34 PM

Hi Robert.

I never looked at how many I had before getting the package ... but, AFAIK, the only temp resources will be a few LN previews together with the feature set datasets. I bought the feature sets because I am looking to stop LN when it expires in the new year ... it does not seem to be value for money, I also try to avoid subscriptions and payment plans etc. 

2010 17" MBP with High Sierra, iPad4 with iOS10.

Posts 461
Robert Harner | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 26 2017 1:05 PM

Martin Folley:

Hi Robert.

I never looked at how many I had before getting the package ... but, AFAIK, the only temp resources will be a few LN previews together with the feature set datasets. I bought the feature sets because I am looking to stop LN when it expires in the new year ... it does not seem to be value for money, I also try to avoid subscriptions and payment plans etc. 

I don't get the LN previews because they are already in my library, there is only 10 books left in the book of the month I don't have, and I'm usually reading not doing fancy searching so I suspect my days with LN are getting short too.

Posts 1339
PL | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 26 2017 2:26 PM

Celeste,

Can you answer my questions when you see this on Monday? Thanks!

Peter

PL:

Thanks FL for this new offering. Two questions:

1) Why does the Extended Feature Set include so many book resources? Is a feature set supposed to be all about features only?

2) As a Logos Now subscriber I have the Full Feature Set. How do I see the difference between the Full and Extended feature sets? The current comparison page with New To You selected, as well as the Essential Upgrades comparison page, do not seem to take into account Now subscription status.

Thanks,

Peter 

Posts 263
LogosEmployee
Celeste Fiorillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 26 2017 3:24 PM

John Goodman:

WARNING
These are advertised incorrectly and I'm a bit gutted!

The prices displayed do not include feature sets as advertised but are the book only prices. You can actually make the purchase without ever finding this out! You need to click see what is included. This page needs to be fixed!

Hi John,

Are you seeing a different price on www.logos.com/black-friday than you're seeing on the product page? eg https://www.logos.com/product/145467/logos-7-essential-upgrade 

I'm not able to reproduce what you're seeing, but I definitely apologize if something is going wrong for you! Feel free to give me an email if I can help you further. celeste.fiorillo at faithlife dot com

Posts 263
LogosEmployee
Celeste Fiorillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 26 2017 3:30 PM

PL:

Thanks FL for this new offering. Two questions:

1) Why does the Extended Feature Set include so many book resources? Is a feature set supposed to be all about features only?

2) As a Logos Now subscriber I have the Full Feature Set. How do I see the difference between the Full and Extended feature sets? The current comparison page with New To You selected, as well as the Essential Upgrades comparison page, do not seem to take into account Now subscription status.

Thanks,

Peter 

1. The Extended Feature Set also includes books because they help highlight and add value to some of the existing features. If someone with an older package upgrade to Logos 7 with just a feature set, it's a better experience for them with a few supporting books. 

2. Does this help? https://www.logos.com/compare/feature-sets?productIds=121388,120029,136012,124703 You have access to the Logos Cloud Feature Set as part of the Logos Now membership. 

Posts 263
LogosEmployee
Celeste Fiorillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 26 2017 3:33 PM

Daniel Bender:

I purchased the Essential Upgrade medium for the HD commentary on James. I chose it without the features because of my Logos Now subscription. I have one month left on the subscription and thought maybe I should get the features instead of renewing, but when I go back to the Essential Upgrade page none of the features show up; it just says that I own all resources. I can find the extended features here: https://www.logos.com/product/136012/logos-7-extended-feature-set but the price has doubled. Originally my discount price for the extended features was $88, now it shows it at $171.92

I'm wondering why this is? Or if I missed out on this sale.

The feature set included with the Medium package was the Full Feature Set. It was receiving an additional discount when purchased with the Medium library. Now that you own the Medium library, it's not showing the additional Black Friday discount on the Feature Set. If you'd like to purchase them together, you can contact customerservice@faithlife.com and they can redo the order for you.

Posts 263
LogosEmployee
Celeste Fiorillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 26 2017 3:39 PM

Martin Folley:

Hi.

I am seriously confused by pretty much everything in this thread ( and also by more than a few things outside as well !!!)

I bought the medium package because it showed that the full feature sets were included (the few resources were of little interest); and the extended feature set in the large package held little attraction.

Now it appears on the website as though I also fully own the Large package ... but I still have 50+ resources in my library that are on Temporary License.

Has the package changed since purchase? Did I miss understand the offer? 

Thanks.

Sorry for the confusion! Sometimes we get a little complex around here when we try to offer a lot of options! We have the best intentions. Stick out tongue

You own all of the resources that are in the Large Library. The additional resources that are in the Extended Feature Set, shown as the red dots on this chart: https://www.logos.com/essential-upgrade-comparison can be purchased in the Extended Feature Set since you own the full Large Library. https://www.logos.com/product/136012/logos-7-extended-feature-set 

Sorry for the complexity on that one - feel free to email me if I can help you further with this! celeste.fiorillo at faith life dot com

Posts 702
JH | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 26 2017 4:05 PM

Celeste Fiorillo:

Sorry for the confusion! Sometimes we get a little complex around here when we try to offer a lot of options! We have the best intentions. Stick out tongue

I love Logos, but this has long been a problem and only seems to be getting worse. Rather than simplifying the offerings, these additional options, feature sets, base packages, Logos Now, Cloud, etc. are driving people away from making purchases. I only have anecdotal evidence, but I know of several pastors whom I have introduced to Logos telling me they don't know what all of these choices are, what they mean, or if they need them. The comparison charts only nominally help. I have been a Logos user for years and often can't easily parse what is going on. For example, I was asked yesterday what the difference between what a current Logos Now member has access to and what was being offered via these new Essential Upgrade deals. To be honest, I couldn't easily answer without reading and re-reading this thread, plus trying to do some additional analysis. This is NOT a good thing, Logos.

Posts 263
LogosEmployee
Celeste Fiorillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 26 2017 4:13 PM

Thanks for the feedback, JH.

We really do appreciate it and are in active conversations to this end. Sorry for the frustration.

Posts 3189
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 26 2017 5:09 PM

JH:
Rather than simplifying the offerings,

I don't think FL is out to simplify the offerings. I think they're trying to offer much lower price points for people just starting out with (or wanting to upgrade to) Logos 7.

While it is initially confusing, I think this is how the lower tiers go:

Library only:

• Basic: Free access to ~14 resources (which you don't own, and won't count towards dynamic pricing)
  • Essential Upgrades (S) Library: Ownership of ~44 resources
  • Starter Library: Ownership of ~106 resources

Library + features:

• Basic: As above, plus free access to ~20 features (which you don't own, and won't count towards dynamic pricing)
  • Essential Upgrades (S): As above, plus ownership of ~127 features
  • Starter Base Package: As above, plus ownership of ~127 features

Previously, there was NO option between free and Starter (which regularly is several hundred dollars). Now there's the "Essentials Upgrade" price point which currently is 1/3 the cost of Starter.

While it may bring more choices/confusion, the flip side is that the Essential Upgrades are simply a less expensive way to start out with Logos ownership (of books and features).

Considering that Starter Feature Set presently costs $160, and Essential Upgrades (S) presently costs $107 (yet also includes 44 resources in addition to the Starter Feature Set), I think it's a remarkably good Black Friday deal.

Posts 1010
EastTN | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 26 2017 5:51 PM

PetahChristian:

... I think they're trying to offer much lower price points for people just starting out with (or wanting to upgrade to) Logos 7.

In my opinion, that's something they've needed to do for a long time. In recent years the price of entry has been high enough to scare off anyone who's not fully committed to spending serious money on Bible software.  Effectively, there wasn't an "on ramp" to Logos for most potential users.

That's not true true anymore.  Between the Basic and the Essential Upgrades, there's an easy, low-cost way (as PetahChristian outlined) for someone to try Logos out and - assuming they like it - to ease themselves into the ecosystem.

I strongly believe it's going to work for FaithLIfe. I first bought a Logos package way back in the Libronix days, when you could get a low-cost package at your local Bible bookstore.  Had that not been possible, I'd almost certainly have started with one of the other companies. Would I have eventually switched to Logos?  It's impossible to know...

Posts 702
JH | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 26 2017 5:53 PM

PetahChristian:

JH:
Rather than simplifying the offerings,

I don't think FL is out to simplify the offerings. I think they're trying to offer much lower price points for people just starting out with (or wanting to upgrade to) Logos 7.

While it is initially confusing, I think this is how the lower tiers go:

Library only:

• Basic: Free access to ~14 resources (which you don't own, and won't count towards dynamic pricing)
  • Essential Upgrades (S) Library: Ownership of ~44 resources
  • Starter Library: Ownership of ~106 resources

Library + features:

• Basic: As above, plus free access to ~20 features (which you don't own, and won't count towards dynamic pricing)
  • Essential Upgrades (S): As above, plus ownership of ~127 features
  • Starter Base Package: As above, plus ownership of ~127 features

Previously, there was NO option between free and Starter (which regularly is several hundred dollars). Now there's the "Essentials Upgrade" price point which currently is 1/3 the cost of Starter.

While it may bring more choices/confusion, the flip side is that the Essential Upgrades are simply a less expensive way to start out with Logos ownership (of books and features).

Considering that Starter Feature Set presently costs $160, and Essential Upgrades (S) presently costs $107 (yet also includes 44 resources in addition to the Starter Feature Set), I think it's a remarkably good Black Friday deal.

Most of us in the forums are so steeped in Logos "lingo", that we can't see how confusing this can be for the new/interested buyer. Just reading your post reminded me of all the terms that most people have no idea about: "library only", "library+features", "don't own", "own", " free access", "dynamic pricing", etc. From a marketing point of view, this is not what you want. Just because we understand it, doesn't mean those who may be interested in getting Logos (or already own it, like my pastor friends) will understand this. It's way too confusing. Logos employees need to sit down in a room and not leave until their marketing strategy is something sane and understandable.

Posts 1022
Keith Pang | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 26 2017 7:19 PM

Well, I plunged in and got the Large Essential Upgrade Library, a little over a $100 and even though I have Logos Now I decided this was a great opportunity to get all the features and even some new resources. I am now considering not renewing Logos Now next year, I guess this will push me closer to not renewing now...any thoughts or any one in a similar situation? 

Shalom, in Christ, Keith. Check out my music www.soundcloud.com/kpang808

Posts 1073
Martin Folley | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 26 2017 11:36 PM

Hi Celests.

A the time I purchased, I was was quoted two prices on your site (like a base package), with or without the datasets. The resource only option was about $1.39. I opted to buy the full option ... with all of the datasets. As far as I am concerned, this is nothing to do with resources. I already owned all bar one resource (which I did not want at any rate) ... yet was charged $71.68. My single resource has downloaded (!). My feature set is still temporary.

I would like to see the full feature set unlocked on a permanent basis.

The link to a table with red dots does not even mention the feature sets ... only resources!

Thanks.

Posts 49
Daniel Bender | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 27 2017 3:42 AM

Celeste Fiorillo:
The feature set included with the Medium package was the Full Feature Set. It was receiving an additional discount when purchased with the Medium library. Now that you own the Medium library, it's not showing the additional Black Friday discount on the Feature Set. If you'd like to purchase them together, you can contact customerservice@faithlife.com and they can redo the order for you.

Thank you Celeste; I was wondering about that. I appreciate your response.

Daniel Bender

Posts 108
Brooks Cochran | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 27 2017 5:04 AM

I've been with Logos since Version 2. I've looked at Essential Upgrade (M). They are offering me a good price.....however, I would have no interest and/or use with about 50% of the material included. What I would like to see offered is the "Data Sets" sold alone!!!!

Posts 263
LogosEmployee
Celeste Fiorillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 27 2017 7:51 AM

Martin Folley:

My feature set is still temporary.

I would like to see the full feature set unlocked on a permanent basis.

Hi Martin,

It looks like your software may not have updated yet to reflect your permanent ownership of the Full Feature Set. Would you mind restarting your software or using the "Update Resources" command and check again? I'm seeing permanent ownership of the Full Feature Set on my end, so it does look like your order went through properly. 

Let me know if the software isn't recognizing it properly and I'll have someone from customer service reach out to you.

Posts 1339
PL | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 27 2017 9:56 AM

Thanks for all your help, Celeste, on this thread.

I do agree with the need to simplify all this Logos Lingo and streamline the company's many offerings.

Thanks,

Peter

Posts 1073
Martin Folley | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 27 2017 10:15 AM

Thank you.

You are correct ... restarting the system has rectified to licenses to just 4 'non-preview' resources.

Thank you.

Page 4 of 5 (89 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > | RSS