Essential Upgrades Questions

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 785
Lew Worthington | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Nov 24 2017 9:37 PM

I have a few questions regarding the Essential Upgrades.

First, one the page comparing these offerings, under the "Feature Set Resources" are things like "A Grammar of Biblical Hebrew: Revised English Edition". I always thought feature sets were like things that give Logos its functionality (or, as one Logos web page puts it, "It can also be thought of as the “software” portion of Logos 7"). Sure this does not imply that the Large Essential Upgrade does not actually include Joüon's grammar, does it?

I just want to make sure, but everything listed in the feature set comparison page (https://www.logos.com/compare/feature-sets) is included in the Large Essential Upgrades package, right?

Finally, if my notions are correct, this looks like a good offer. However, it also seems to lessen the comparative benefits of a LN subscription since the feature sets are one of my main reasons for getting Logos Now. Thoughts?

Lew

Posts 23
Eric Back | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 24 2017 9:58 PM

The large essential upgrade seemed like a nice offer to me so I purchased it. It comprised the extended feature set plus additional volumes including the IVP NT commentaries, the Hebrew grammar you mentioned, an extensive collection of generic sermon outlines, Goppelt's NT Theology volumes, Goldingay's OT Theology trilogy, and some others.

Posts 190
Roy | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 24 2017 10:18 PM

Lew,

I really do not know the answer to this but here is my "best guess".
I think it hinges on the word "Resources".

A feature is indeed the (programmed in) ability of a piece of software to do something. LOGOS is set up to allow the addition of new features. Let's say the new feature will allow the software, with a specific keystroke, bring up a dictionary. The new feature will even allow you to define which dictionary to bring up. This is the feature, BUT, the resource is the text of the dictionary itself (the data). 

Again, this is a guess.

Posts 17911
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 24 2017 11:21 PM

Lew Worthington:
However, it also seems to lessen the comparative benefits of a LN subscription since the feature sets are one of my main reasons for getting Logos Now. Thoughts?

Medium Logos 7 Essential Upgrade => https://www.logos.com/product/145467/logos-7-essential-upgrade can be purchased without a feature set (added High Definition James commentary to my library). Now the Logos 7 Essential Upgrades show already purchased since Logos Now membership is active for features.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 49
Daniel Bender | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 25 2017 5:26 AM

Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :):
Medium Logos 7 Essential Upgrade => https://www.logos.com/product/145467/logos-7-essential-upgrade can be purchased without a feature set (added High Definition James commentary to my library). Now the Logos 7 Essential Upgrades show already purchased since Logos Now membership is active for features.

Wow, excellent tip KS4J. Thank you very much, Dan

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS