HDNT (ESV) Problem with Word Lists

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 65
Michael A. Mnich | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Nov 25 2017 2:16 PM

Dear Folks,

I was trying to follow yesterday's logos training post on learning biblical Greek. When I select Word List, then in the drop down for Add, I select the HDNT (ESV) shown at the top in blue of my bible versions, it does not generate a listing. If instead I change to the ESV or LEB etc. it generates the list of lemmas. Then if I go back to the HDNT (ESV), now it generates.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,

Mike

Posts 2305
Beloved | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 25 2017 3:39 PM

Michael A. Mnich:

When I select Word List, then in the drop down for Add, I select the HDNT (ESV) shown at the top in blue of my bible versions, it does not generate a listing. If instead I change to the ESV or LEB etc. it generates the list of lemmas. Then if I go back to the HDNT (ESV), now it generates.

What am I doing wrong?

You're not doing anything wrong. I believe you've discovered a bug, as all the entries in the drop-down list should generate lemmas. The HDNT(ESV) RIL should render the same results as its parent text the ESV RIL. I recommend you report this as a bug. 

Edit:The HDOT(ESV) exhibits the same behavior. They should either be removed from the entry selections or produce the same results as the parent text.

Meanwhile, Jesus kept on growing wiser and more mature, and in favor with God and his fellow man.

International Standard Version. (2011). (Lk 2:52). Yorba Linda, CA: ISV Foundation.

Posts 65
Michael A. Mnich | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 25 2017 7:33 PM

how do I report it as a bug?

Mike

Posts 2305
Beloved | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 26 2017 7:47 AM

Simply post a new message in the appropriate forum in this case Logos 7 explaining the bug behavior. Write "Bug:" followed by a brief descriptive heading in the Subject field like "HDNT/OT fails to generate Word List," and you're done. This way the development team can quickly identify the issue and leave their comments.

Edit You may also want to reference this thread by copying and pasting the url into your post; don't forget to leave a space after the link this will activate the link example https://community.logos.com/forums/p/154708/938501.aspx#938501 

Meanwhile, Jesus kept on growing wiser and more mature, and in favor with God and his fellow man.

International Standard Version. (2011). (Lk 2:52). Yorba Linda, CA: ISV Foundation.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS