7.11 (7.11.0.0023) is Now Available

Page 2 of 4 (67 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next >
This post has 66 Replies | 12 Followers

Posts 2067
LogosEmployee
Andrew Batishko (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 28 2017 10:41 AM

Ruurd Offringa:

This update has made Logos unusable for me - I can't open any resources without Logos crashing.  Logs below:

We've got a fix for this. We will be shipping an update soon, but I'm not sure yet of the exact timing.

Posts 74
MikeG53 | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 28 2017 10:58 AM

Me too - I did all the windows updates and .net framework updates and still the same thing.  Anytime I click on a resource, the program disappears and is nowhere to be found.

Posts 74
MikeG53 | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 28 2017 11:02 AM

I use Windows 7 Pro and am having the problem.

Posts 2067
LogosEmployee
Andrew Batishko (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 28 2017 11:06 AM

MikeG53:

Me too - I did all the windows updates and .net framework updates and still the same thing.  Anytime I click on a resource, the program disappears and is nowhere to be found.

Mike, you are definitely experiencing the same problem. This will be fixed as soon as we can get an update to you.

Posts 78
Kelvin Chiu | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 28 2017 11:39 AM

Thanks!

Posts 40
Travis Arnold | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 28 2017 1:58 PM

I have Windows 10 Pro. It worked earlier this morning, but I could not open it in the afternoon. That is BEFORE I installed the Windows update. I just updated windows to see if it would help, and Logos still won't open. I only get the initial blue "Logos 7" pop up, but no login, home screen, etc. Ctrl start won't work either.

Posts 40
Travis Arnold | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 28 2017 2:03 PM

Actually, it worked when I held Ctrl down the whole time, from initial click until the sign in screen came up.

Posts 40
Travis Arnold | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 28 2017 2:23 PM

And I'm not sure if it made a difference, but I right clicked on the desktop icon and select "open in file location," THEN Ctrl-started the program, holding down Ctrl from the initial double-click until the login screen appeared.

Posts 2067
LogosEmployee

Travis Arnold:

Actually, it worked when I held Ctrl down the whole time, from initial click until the sign in screen came up.

This is the current workaround to that problem. We are still working to find and fix the cause of this problem.

Posts 1699
Robert M. Warren | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 28 2017 4:49 PM

Andrew Batishko (Faithlife):

Travis Arnold:

This is the current workaround to that problem. We are still working to find and fix the cause of this problem.

Nope, not even that works on one of my computers. Win7, SP1. Upgraded from 7.10 in the stable channel.

When I click sign in (after holding the Ctrl key), "Preparing your library" briefly appears and then disappears with no trace except the Logos.exe process in Task Mgr, going back and forth from 25% to 27% of CPU.

Logging enabled with the registry update method (js method failed). Attached is the only log it created.

7282.Logos.log

Win 10 Android 8.1 Fire OS 5

Posts 18
Ruurd Offringa | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 28 2017 5:16 PM

Andrew Batishko (Faithlife):

Ruurd Offringa:

This update has made Logos unusable for me - I can't open any resources without Logos crashing.  Logs below:

We've got a fix for this. We will be shipping an update soon, but I'm not sure yet of the exact timing.

Thank you very much!

Posts 74
MikeG53 | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 29 2017 5:47 AM

Andrew, any status updates on this?

Posts 11
Danny Baskin | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 29 2017 7:04 AM

Andrew, I've never been so frustrated with Logos in the many years I've used this product. Many of us rely on Logos daily for our work and have made a considerable financial investment in its resources. It's not unreasonable to expect it to work without repeated crashing. Please give us some idea as to when this issue will be resolved.

Posts 3190
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 29 2017 7:19 AM

Danny Baskin:
Please give us some idea as to when this issue will be resolved.

Adam posted that "We are working on a Service Release, which we will get out as soon as we can."

Posts 3658
Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 29 2017 8:13 AM

Danny Baskin:

Andrew, I've never been so frustrated with Logos in the many years I've used this product. Many of us rely on Logos daily for our work and have made a considerable financial investment in its resources. It's not unreasonable to expect it to work without repeated crashing. Please give us some idea as to when this issue will be resolved.

Are you able to use the web app to do work in the meantime?

Posts 2067
LogosEmployee

Danny Baskin:

I would love to give you a solid time for when we can resolve the issue. Unfortunately, we haven't been able to recreate the problem for ourselves, and we're still trying to collect information that will help us understand what is causing the problem. We will get an update as quickly as we can.

Posts 74
MikeG53 | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 29 2017 8:32 AM

Andrew, can we send you any files from our computers that would help - like a log file or a dump file?

Posts 11
Danny Baskin | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 29 2017 8:43 AM

Yes.

Posts 3
David E Twigg | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 29 2017 9:22 AM

Andrew, I am having the same problem after Logos update and a Windows 10 update.

Posts 2
Vance Preston Freeman | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 29 2017 11:11 AM

Such a bummer. I was trying to get a lesson written for tonight. Holding Ctrl doesn't work for me.

Page 2 of 4 (67 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS