Downloading Resources To Computer

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 18
Bryan Jones | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Apr 14 2010 9:23 AM

Hello. I have a quick question for you all.

As much as I love the new feature on Logos that allows you to sync resources from your online account to your computer....I don't trust it. For one thing, if you were to lose internet access, you cannot access it. On the other hand, if, by some crazy chance, Logos were to go under....we're out several hundred dollars of resources that we can no longer use.

I used Logos 3 briefly in the past, and noticed that all of your resources were saved directly on your hard drive and were opened from that hard drive. Is there any possibility of the same occurring with Logos 4? If the files are already on my computer, where would I find them?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Posts 37
David Lowther | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 14 2010 9:40 AM

Hi Bryan, and welcome - The books (resources) are downloaded to your computer. I am using Windows XP and they are in C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Application Data\Logos4\Data\1t45ewcz.xy3\ResourceManager\Resources

Posts 1647
Rick | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 14 2010 9:42 AM

Good news the books are downloaded to your computer.  Smile

If you do a search for .logos4 you will find them. This is the new format for Logos books. For example, I use Windows 7 and they are located on my computer at this location: C:\Users\ <insert user name> \AppData\Local\Logos4\Data\rikks1nj.znw\ResourceManager\Resources

You don't have to use the internet to access them. The internet is used to download updates to the books and to backup your notes etc. in case you either have a computer crash or you use two computers, like me, to synchronize your work so you are always using your latest settings and notes.

Peace  Smile

Romans 14:19 (NRSV)
19 Let us then pursue what makes for peace and for mutual upbuilding.

Posts 24926
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 14 2010 6:46 PM

Bryan Jones:
Thanks in advance for your help.

As you can see from the above replies the Resource folder is located under a  \Logos4\Data\<funny name>\  folder which varies with each user. Because all your documents (notes, handouts, clippings, collections, etc) are also in \Logos4 I recommend backing up the whole \Logos4 folder.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 1145
William | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 14 2010 7:35 PM

Dave Hooton:
I recommend backing up the whole \Logos4 folder.

Dave,

Just to verify....back up \logos4\DATA  or \logos\DOCUMENTS etc.  All folders and files under \logos4?

This directory is at c:users/william/appdata/local/logos4 ?

Posts 18668
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 14 2010 10:34 PM

William Bingham:

Dave Hooton:
I recommend backing up the whole \Logos4 folder.

Just to verify....back up \logos4\DATA  or \logos\DOCUMENTS etc.  All folders and files under \logos4?

This directory is at c:users/william/appdata/local/logos4 ?

The DATA folder contains all the Logos data: resources, etc.

The DOCUMENTS folder contains all user data: notes, highlighting, etc.

Best bet is just to back up the entire Logos4 folder and all its subfolders.

Posts 1145
William | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 15 2010 8:03 AM

Rosie Perera:
Best bet is just to back up the entire Logos4 folder and all its subfolders.

Thanks a great deal Rosie.  That is what I was figuring.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS