December FBOTM and Sale Now Live!

Page 3 of 3 (49 items) < Previous 1 2 3
This post has 48 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 4625
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 6 2017 1:49 PM

mike:

Keith,

Rather than Boice, I would rather recommend you pick up Kistemaker instead.

Kistemaker is not on sale, though. I paid $89.99 for it a while back. It’d be wiser to wait for a sale, $199.99 is too much for that set IMHO

DAL

Posts 203
Paul Caneparo | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 6 2017 2:17 PM

I agree with DAL. I paid $49.99 for the Kistemaker set and still returned it for a refund. It didn't add anything to my other semi technical commentaries. Whereas I paid $79.99 (I think) for Boice and love it. It's a different type of commentary for sure. But great for preachers.

Posts 601
Keith Pang | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 6 2017 2:18 PM

Awesome thanks! I hope I can buy the Boice set. Need to get $88 for it haha 

Shalom, in Christ, Keith. Check out my music www.soundcloud.com/kpang808

Posts 4625
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 6 2017 3:13 PM

Paul Caneparo:

I agree with DAL. I paid $49.99 for the Kistemaker set and still returned it for a refund. It didn't add anything to my other semi technical commentaries. Whereas I paid $79.99 (I think) for Boice and love it. It's a different type of commentary for sure. But great for preachers.

Yep, I paid $79.99 for Boice when I bought an upgrade. Always check if there are special priced resources for upgrading. You’ll be surprised at some of the extra deals you get when you buy an upgrade.

DAL

Posts 601
Keith Pang | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 6 2017 4:09 PM

Upgrade of a base package? 

Posts 4625
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 6 2017 5:46 PM

Keith Pang:

Upgrade of a base package? 

Yeah, when you buy an upgrade they have a special list of deeply discounted resources you can add at the time of your upgrade purchase. Boice was on that list for $79.99. 

DAL

Posts 3
Douglas Hammerstrom | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 6 2017 9:07 PM

I've been working with Boice's commentaries for a couple years. I love them. Just the right amount of academics to keep my mind engaged. Just the right amount of pastoral application to keep my heart engaged. I highly recommend them. 

Posts 601
Keith Pang | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 6 2017 9:19 PM

Douglas Hammerstrom:

I've been working with Boice's commentaries for a couple years. I love them. Just the right amount of academics to keep my mind engaged. Just the right amount of pastoral application to keep my heart engaged. I highly recommend them. 

Thanks Douglas

Posts 177
Michael S. | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 7 2017 4:10 AM

Gao Lu:

Boice was a Presbyterian pastor in the PCA.  (Conservative, Calvinistic and Covenantal). I am not one of those, a little of another, and a lot of a third. Still I find Boice the be my favorite go-to expositional commentary.  I don't think you can do better for Sermon prep.  And the price is great!

Interesting...

I don't understand how you can benefit so much, but ok.

Page 3 of 3 (49 items) < Previous 1 2 3 | RSS
Copyright 1992-2015 Faithlife / Logos Bible Software.