Page 1 of 2 (23 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 22 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 563
Larry Craig | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Dec 3 2017 10:48 PM

Is there anyway to undo the last thing you did?

I always use a layout that has three side by side windows (is that the right word?)/  The problem is that I can't tell you how I created it.  While copying text from one window, my mouse was too close to something that keeps opening another window, but in a different shape.  I go to layouts, but it's always an older version of what i was using.  Or i suppose I can keep saving my latest version but there must be a better way.

Posts 4568
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 4 2017 12:34 AM

Hi Larry

I have a short cut (the command Update Active Layout).

Is this the sort of thing that would be of use?

Posts 563
Larry Craig | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 4 2017 8:54 AM

thank you, but actually it won't.  After I made the mistake, the mistake was my active layout.  I think I figured out what to do.

But thanks again.

Posts 563
Larry Craig | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 4 2017 8:56 AM

but I still have the original question.  Is there any way to undo my last actions?

Posts 4568
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 4 2017 9:30 AM

Larry Craig:

but I still have the original question.  Is there any way to undo my last actions?

In theory there is always...

But I am not sure that it will work in the circumstances you describe.

Posts 563
Larry Craig | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 4 2017 9:35 AM

Where did you find that menu?  Is that supposed to be control-Z?

thank you

Posts 4568
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 4 2017 9:43 AM

Larry Craig:

thank you

Oh! you must be using Windows, how quaint!

I am sure there is a similar menu option on it somewhere but I am not able to tell you where.

Posts 563
Larry Craig | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 4 2017 9:48 AM

All of us try to do the best we can with the limited time that we have.  I don't even have a cell phone.  But I spend hours a day working on things that I want to do.

Posts 2226
Beloved | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 4 2017 10:07 AM

Larry Craig:

thank you

Me thinks that's some fancy idoodle. CTRL-Z is an undo for keystrokes only you can put it on the shortcut bar.

Meanwhile, Jesus kept on growing wiser and more mature, and in favor with God and his fellow man.

International Standard Version. (2011). (Lk 2:52). Yorba Linda, CA: ISV Foundation.

Posts 563
Larry Craig | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 4 2017 10:14 AM

thank you

But there really needs to be some way to undo things.  I have a layout that I use all the time, and I can't tell you how I got it.  When trying to copy something, my mouse went too close to something, and something opened up, and I had a new box that I didn't know how to get back to what I had.  Frustrating.  I found a previous copy of my layout, but I then had to update everything.

Posts 2226
Beloved | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 4 2017 10:33 AM

Larry Craig:

But there really needs to be some way to undo things.  I have a layout that I use all the time, and I can't tell you how I got it.  When trying to copy something, my mouse went too close to something, and something opened up, and I had a new box that I didn't know how to get back to what I had.  Frustrating.  I found a previous copy of my layout, but I then had to update everything.

If you recently closed that layout or closed your program, there is a copy of it saved in the layouts record see below. If you use a particular layout you should get in the habit of naming and saving it. This is done from the layout panel shown below

Meanwhile, Jesus kept on growing wiser and more mature, and in favor with God and his fellow man.

International Standard Version. (2011). (Lk 2:52). Yorba Linda, CA: ISV Foundation.

Posts 2226
Beloved | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 4 2017 10:33 AM

Larry Craig:

If you recently closed that layout or closed your program, there is a copy of it saved in the layouts record see below. If you use a particular layout you should get in the habit of naming and saving it. This is done from the layout panel shown below

Posts 563
Larry Craig | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 4 2017 10:38 AM

Oh, I have numerous versions of my layout saved.  The format is the same, but there are books that I have added where I keep the tabs in my layout.  So I lost my layout, the open layout the layout menu had was the new one I didn't want.  But I think I've got this figured out.

I still think there needs to be an undo option.  Go back one or two moves.

Posts 2226
Beloved | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 4 2017 10:45 AM

Larry Craig:
but there are books that I have added where I keep the tabs in my layout. 

Another thing to be aware of is the update active layout you can type this into the command box and drag it to the shortcut bar. Use this command liberally when you make changes to your saved layout you want to maintain.

Posts 563
Larry Craig | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 4 2017 10:49 AM

Yes, but it was the active layout that I lost.  I need to save my latest versions to some other names layout so I can click on that if or when I lost it again.

Posts 2226
Beloved | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 4 2017 10:58 AM

I see. Agree that would prove beneficial in that case. 

Posts 1641
Rick | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 4 2017 11:15 AM

Mike Binks:

Way to be a jerk to someone asking for help.

Peace  Smile

Romans 14:19 (NRSV)
19 Let us then pursue what makes for peace and for mutual upbuilding.

Posts 4568
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 4 2017 11:17 AM

Beloved:

Larry Craig:

thank you

Me thinks that's some fancy idoodle. CTRL-Z is an undo for keystrokes only you can put it on the shortcut bar.

Actually, Beloved, I put the 'Update Active Layout' on the shortcut bar.

The 'Undo/Redo' commands are on the program control bar as supplied by the program.

I'm sorry my posts were not clear

Posts 4568
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 4 2017 11:19 AM

Rick:

Mike Binks:

Way to be a jerk to someone asking for help.

Thank you for your kind and thoughtful comments and indeed for your contribution to solving Larry's problem.

Posts 1641
Rick | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 4 2017 11:49 AM

Youre welcome. I stand by my statement.

Peace  Smile

Romans 14:19 (NRSV)
19 Let us then pursue what makes for peace and for mutual upbuilding.

Page 1 of 2 (23 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS