Update for the remote android app?

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 157
Richard Bonjour | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Dec 11 2017 7:41 AM

Has there been any progress on updating the android app for the remote application. Would really like to see this happen it would function on my tablet better. Thanks for everything you guys already do!!!

Richard

Posts 354
LogosEmployee
Justin (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 11 2017 11:16 AM

Hello Richard,

Improvements and changes to the desktop application and mobile application will keep chugging along.  Is there some feature or improvement you're particularly waiting to see roll out?  We appreciate feedback, so let us know what you hope to see in the future! 

Also, what problems are you currently experiencing on your tablet?

Posts 157
Richard Bonjour | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 15 2017 6:39 PM

Hey Justin,

Quite awhile back there had been talk about making the Android app tablet friendly, maybe that has happened and I just didn't realize it. The app is really sluggish on my tablet. Sometimes it doesn't update very well meaning it takes awhile for the slides to load and I have tried both across the internet and the remote control for connection with good response at times and then very poor response at other times. I still can't see the custom quick screens that I have placed on proclaim on my tablet. We use a hotspot for internet access at the church so that maybe part of the reason the remote app setting doesn't work well all the time. 

Mostly just wishing for more dependability on the remote app side as far android goes. I know the apple version gets updated regularly or at least it looks like it from the forums, maybe I'm wrong on that front. The android app hasn't been updated since January 2017. 

Don't mean to sound disgruntled. I appreciate everything you guys do. 

Thanks much for listening.

Richard. 

Posts 5
Jordan Sjodin | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 15 2017 7:02 PM

Hey Richard, the current android app should be compatible on your tablet. For instance, the display settings and order of service display inside pop ups instead of a full page screens like you would see on the phone. 

Both the iOS and Android apps have been having a lot of work lately (fixing bugs, adding airplay and chromecast, etc) however the Android version has been delayed due to some bigger changes we had to make. So keep a look out for a new update soon. 

Currently we only support Logo, No text and Blank on the remote, including the Android version. Although we do want to support the others  

I dont remember, but are you using the remote via local WiFi? That should speed things up quite a bit if you have spotty internet. 

Posts 667
LogosEmployee
Jordan Sjodin | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 15 2017 7:03 PM

^ whoops, posted that from my other account

Mac | iOS | Android | Windows | Web Developer 

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS