Logos 4 won't open - Help!

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 187
Rev. D. | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Apr 15 2010 7:38 PM

Logos 4 now crashes upon opening. Windows 7 says that "Logos Bible Software has stopped working" and that Windows is looking for a solution. Windows Defender uploaded an update and Logos never opened up successfully after that point. Since the program won't open, I'm unable to activate the logs.

I've reloaded Logos 4 on my system at least twice since my initial purchase. I've spent a lot of money to improve my laptop and yet I still am having problems.

Please help..................Any suggestions would be helpful. I just hope I don't have to reload the software again.

Blessings,

Christina

iMac 27 inch, 3.1 GHz Core i5, 1T HD, 4 GB RAM

Posts 3578
steve clark | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 15 2010 9:18 PM

i am not one of the gifted helpers here, but

a) i would restart Windows (this ensures things start in a known state)

b) i would open Logos with a blank layout (see this wiki page http://wiki.logos.com/Layouts#When_starting_Logos4_from_the_desktop )

c) i would upload your log file if it still crashes after a & b, uploading your log files here will allow one of the gifted people here to examine them to help you (see wiki page Uploading Log files ; Logging is turned on in step b).

QLinks, Bibl2, LLR, Macros
Dell Insp 17-5748, i5, 1.7 GHz, 8G RAM, win 8.1

Posts 8660
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 15 2010 11:31 PM

Can you hold down the ctrl key while attempting to load Logos?  If that succeeds it will start the logs and give you a blank layout option.

Let us know what is and isn't working and we'll try to walk you through it.

Hmm Sarcasm is my love language. Obviously I love you. 

Posts 2
Josh | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 9 2010 10:49 PM

I've held down ctrl key but it still won't open. Gives me the same error code.

Posts 26521
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 9 2010 11:52 PM

Christina and Josh

Let's try to repair your installation:

• Set Folder Options in Control Panel to enable viewing of hidden files and folders.
  • Your installation folder is:-
  •    XP -> C:\Documents and Settings\username\Local Settings\Application Data\Logos4
       Win7 ->
    C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Logos4
      (substitute your actual username for username)
  • Go to \Logos4\Install\Installers
  • right click Logos4.msi and select Repair

Ensure logging is enabled

Start L4.

If it crashes then upload the logs.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 2
Josh | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 11 2010 12:44 AM

Here you go.

Posts 19189
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 11 2010 1:01 AM

Josh, here is a thread that describes how to fix that error: http://community.logos.com/forums/p/18931/142803.aspx

EDIT: We haven't heard back from Christina, so I'm not sure whether we're trying to help two different people or if you're with her. This reply is specifically for Josh only, based on his latest log file. Christina, if you are from a different household and you're still having problems, please follow the instructions above and post your log files, too.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS