Launching Updated Mobile Apps

Page 1 of 3 (54 items) 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 53 Replies | 5 Followers

Posts 250
LogosEmployee
Daniel Di Bartolo | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Dec 12 2017 5:03 PM

Hello, everyone!

We're excited to share that today we launched the biggest update to our reader apps ever. 

Starting today, you can download the redesigned Logos, Verbum, FSB, and Vyrso apps from Google Play and the App Store. 

• Introducing Tabbed Browsing: You can now open multiple books, tools and documents in tabs and effortlessly navigate between them with a left or right swipe.
  • Introducing Reference Scanner: take a picture of your church bulletin or syllabus and Reference Scanner will read the verse references, allowing you to open them up in your app. 
  • Introducing Bible button: click the bottom center Bible icon to set and quickly jump to your preferred Bible.
  • Simplified reading screen and navigation bar.

The Power of Tabbed Browsing

• Drag and drop tabs to reorder them, or swipe up on a tab to close it. 
• Quickly and easily split your tabs by tapping on the split icon to use two features in the same tab. 
• Link multiple Bible/Commentary tabs so that they scroll in unison.

Updated Logos Pro videos can be found here: https://www.logos.com/training/ios

For a list of known bug reports, see here: https://community.logos.com/forums/t/156193.aspx

To download on iOS: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/logos-bible-study-and-reading/id336400266?mt=8

To download on Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.logos.androidlogos&hl=en

Posts 134
Joel | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 12 2017 5:09 PM

This is a very welcome change! Thanks so much for adding it... once I got the hang of how it worked I could immediately appreciate the work that went into it :)

Hopefully the next big change is how resources are managed... being able to filter based on whether something is downloaded or by type is long overdue!

Also a small typo there... I think you mean ‘bug’, not ‘big’ :)

Posts 250
LogosEmployee
Daniel Di Bartolo | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 12 2017 5:11 PM

Joel:
This is a very welcome change! Thanks so much for adding it... once I got the hang of how it worked I could immediately appreciate the work that went into it :)

Thanks, Joel! I'll pass that along to the team. :)

Posts 652
Stephen Steele | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 13 2017 2:34 AM

Sounds good...does it support drag and drop (for copying text between side-by-side apps) on iOS which has been available since iOS 11 was launched?

Posts 527
Liam Maguire | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 13 2017 2:37 AM
Excellent work. Glad to see the beta issues cleared up. Thanks for all the hard work. One question though: why does android still not have interliner lines support? iOS has had it for what seems like an age.

Carpe verbum.

Posts 4082
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 13 2017 6:13 AM

Excellent job sirs/madams!  I hope one day that the syncing of resources will apply to series as well as individual resources.  By that I mean, having a multi-volume commentary in a tab and having it follow you through different books.

Posts 28560
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 13 2017 6:15 AM

Mattillo:
syncing of resources will apply to series

You mean "linking." 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 13399
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 13 2017 7:20 AM

Daniel Di Bartolo:
Introducing Reference Scanner: take a picture of your church bulletin or syllabus and Reference Scanner will read the verse references, allowing you to open them up in your app. 

This is very clever. I took a 'scan' of a page of the Westminster confession:

Posts 730
Kiyah | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 13 2017 8:22 AM

Great update! Took me a few minutes to get the hang of it but once I did I loved the changes. I wish the windows in the multi-tab view were just a little bit larger but that may not be possible with the aspect ratio on smartphone screens.

Great job overall.

Posts 1311
Mike Tourangeau | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 13 2017 8:34 AM

This is a great update! Thank you

Posts 7509
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 13 2017 8:56 AM

Too bad sermons from the sermon editor still don’t have hyperlinked Bible references 🙁

DAL

Posts 2709
Beloved Amodeo | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 13 2017 9:29 AM

Need Parallel Resources esp. for bibles, lexicons would also be intuitive. Still acclimating to the changes. The concept is right.

Meanwhile, Jesus kept on growing wiser and more mature, and in favor with God and his fellow man.

International Standard Version. (2011). (Lk 2:52). Yorba Linda, CA: ISV Foundation.

MacBook Pro macOS Catalina 10.15.6

Posts 142
James Macleod | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 13 2017 9:46 AM

Daniel Di Bartolo:

Hello, everyone!

We're excited to share that today we launched the biggest update to our reader apps ever. 

Just downloaded this update. Sweet! Very nice job!

Posts 510
Richard Villanueva | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 13 2017 9:48 AM

Thanks for your hard work! This is an exciting development for the mobile app.  Looking forward to future developments from the team.  Keep it up!

Is this available for iPads as well?  My mini doesn't show the update is available. (it's running 9.3.5)

MBPro'12 / i5 / 8GB // 3.0 Scholars (Purple) / L6 & L7 Platinum, M&E Platinum, Anglican Bronze, P&C Silver / L8 Platinum, Academic Pro

Posts 23214
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 13 2017 9:54 AM

Richard Villanueva:

Thanks for your hard work! This is an exciting development for the mobile app.  Looking forward to future developments from the team.  Keep it up!

Is this available for iPads as well?  My mini doesn't show the update is available. (it's running 9.3.5)

It does work on iPads but recently support for devices running versions prior to 10 was dropped as per https://community.logos.com/forums/t/153475.aspx 

I guess this is why you don’t see it

Posts 28560
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 13 2017 9:56 AM

Richard Villanueva:
My mini doesn't show the update is available. (it's running 9.3.5)

I assume your mini is the "original" mini, right? If not, simply update your iOS to the latest version. 

Posts 510
Richard Villanueva | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 13 2017 10:02 AM
Graham Criddle:
support for devices running versions prior to 10 was dropped
Bummer! Good to know - I must have missed that thread.
alabama24:
I assume your mini is the "original" mini, right?
Looks like it is. It's an OG iPad Mini... Maybe it's not too late to ask Santa for a new one?

MBPro'12 / i5 / 8GB // 3.0 Scholars (Purple) / L6 & L7 Platinum, M&E Platinum, Anglican Bronze, P&C Silver / L8 Platinum, Academic Pro

Posts 2844
Mike Childs | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 13 2017 10:13 AM

Very nice!  Thanks for the hard work.  Without a doubt the best Bible Study app available.

"In all cases, the Church is to be judged by the Scripture, not the Scripture by the Church," John Wesley

Posts 28560
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 13 2017 10:55 AM

Richard Villanueva:
Maybe it's not too late to ask Santa for a new one?

Perhaps not, but mini's are hard to find in some places. The sweet spot is the regular sized one with 32GB. Currently $279 at best buy: https://www.bestbuy.com/site/apple-ipad-latest-model-with-wifi-32gb-space-gray/4907703.p?skuId=4907703 

Posts 6
Brian Hollifield | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 13 2017 12:06 PM

Looks great, seems to work well with my limited testing thus far.  Any ETA on the update rolling out to the Amazon App Store for the Kindle Fire?

Page 1 of 3 (54 items) 1 2 3 Next > | RSS