Reference Scanner Export to Passage List

Page 1 of 1 (16 items)
This post has 15 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 334
Andrew Biddinger | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Dec 14 2017 8:14 AM

Love the reference scanner and think I will use it a lot. **I even was able to scan hand-written verses**

Suggestion: It needs a way to save/further investigate verses. So, it would be very cool to have an export to Passage List feature on the Reference Scanner. 

Thanks!

Posts 21978
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 14 2017 9:02 AM

Great ideaSmile

For anyone not familiar with it this is a new feature in the updated mobile apps - not a desktop feature.

Posts 2764
Erwin Stull, Sr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 14 2017 10:23 AM

I like this feature also. I can see this going far.

Posts 3
Deacon Barney | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 14 2017 2:24 PM

Where do you find the scanner?  I can't find the Scan button.

Posts 3809
spitzerpl | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 14 2017 2:42 PM

Me too.  I would also love to have the ability to select A reference from a none logos window and then drag and drop it into the Logos window to automatically open to that reference. 

Posts 1714
Robert M. Warren | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 14 2017 4:32 PM

spitzerpl:
I would also love to have the ability to select A reference from a none logos window and then drag and drop it into the Logos window to automatically open to that reference. 

I have a User Voice item for that on the desktop application, but nobody else cares about it.

https://logos.uservoice.com/forums/42823-logos-bible-software-7/suggestions/19346509-enable-drag-drop-to-replace-current-contents-of 

See this thread also:  https://community.logos.com/forums/p/127060/842220.aspx 

Win 10 Android 9 Fire OS 5

Posts 334
Andrew Biddinger | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 14 2017 5:49 PM

The reference scanner is on the ios and android apps for phones and tablets. It basically allows you to take a picture of a page (book or sermon notes...etc) that has verse references on them and it creates a list for you open them on your phone: https://blog.logos.com/2017/12/introducing-the-new-logos-mobile-app/ 

Posts 334
Andrew Biddinger | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 14 2017 6:02 PM

I created a User Voice item for people who are interested in voting for it: https://logosmobile.uservoice.com/forums/190765-logos-mobile-apps/suggestions/32632474-reference-scanner-export-to-passage-list 

Posts 1343
PL | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 14 2017 9:15 PM

It would also be nice if we could:

1) View the scanned references in more than one Bible version.

2) Use this scan function on a previously taken picture. Use case: Using Kindle app to read a  book containing Bible references. Take a screen shot of the Kindle page. Use Logos app to see the Bible text of the Kindle book's Bible references.

Thanks,

Peter 

Posts 304
Bernhard | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 15 2017 12:17 AM

PL:
2) Use this scan function on a previously taken picture.

That works already - at least on iOS. There is a link to your Photo Library at the top right of the screen where you are taking the picture.

Posts 1343
PL | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 15 2017 5:02 AM

Yes, I see that now. Thanks Bernhard!

Posts 334
Andrew Biddinger | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 15 2017 6:30 AM

Yes! A Bible dropdown selector to view the verses in different versions would be nice!

Posts 334
Andrew Biddinger | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 3 2018 1:35 PM

Another feature that would be nice to have is the ability to open verse scanner via the phones photos. For example, if you have pictures stored on your phone that has verses, there should be an option under photo gallery that allows you to send the photos to the logos app and have it scanned. 

Posts 101
Dan Langston | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 9 2018 6:49 AM
Agreed
Posts 3
Bruce Meyer | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 28 2018 5:18 PM

I agree also.  I have scanned lists that I don't know what to do with since it seems I would lose them if I close them.  It would be fantastic to save them as a list.  

Posts 1137
Myke Harbuck | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 28 2018 6:20 PM

Bruce Meyer:

I agree also.  I have scanned lists that I don't know what to do with since it seems I would lose them if I close them.  It would be fantastic to save them as a list.  

Indeed. The feature doesn’t really help a lot unless the added benefit of exporting to a passage list is added. 

Myke Harbuck
Lead Pastor, www.ByronCity.Church
Adjunct Professor, Georgia Military College
Mac OS 10.13.6 High Sierra, Mid 2015 iMac, 2.5GHz i7, 32 gbRAM, 1tbSSD

Page 1 of 1 (16 items) | RSS