Completely Lost on Appeal of Tabbed Reading

Page 2 of 2 (25 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 24 Replies | 5 Followers

Posts 144
Peter Lever | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 24 2017 9:05 AM

FaithLife should consider adding a setting in the mobile app which would let the user choose between single versus multiple tabs.

In case of a single tab only  a setting should  allow a resource for example a bible  to be locked in a given split.

Posts 129
Joe Mayden | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 24 2017 10:15 AM

That is correct V 8 - 

I have a sixteen year old, he never reads instructions, he just figures it out, or asks someone.  I value Logos forum!

Posts 61
Tony Garland | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 24 2017 5:30 PM

Mark Barnes:

In the "tab" panel (the one where you can see all your tabs), you'll see there's a split view icon at the top of each tab. Just tap that, and you can add a second resource to that tab.

It's also worth noting the presence of the "link" icon at the bottom left of this screen, where you can link resources so they scroll together.

Thanks so much Mark!  You got me past my "DOH" moment ;-)  I figured there had to be a way somehow, and although I did see the small icon on the upper right corner of each tab in the tab panel, I figured it was just a graphic representation of a similar control you can see when the tab is viewed on its own.

I do want to say how much the tab-based changes to Logos have vastly improved my use of the product on the iPad. I'm now extremely close to what I would consider ideal for much of my use at church based on three chained tabs (left tab containing BHS with critical apparatus as split, center containing primary English translation bible with NTSK as split, right tab containing NA27 GNT plus apparatus as split).  I can now move around between OT and NT and have the original language text + apparatus travel with me and access it by a single swipe left or right (depending on which testament I'm in).  AMAZING and an enormously helpful upgrade from my standpoint.

Posts 11
Jim Pierce | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 1 2018 11:44 AM

'use two fingers': I never knew this after watching and reading all the training material. How is someone supposed to knwo about 2 finger swiping?

(Thanks, though; I, too, prefer the horizontal scrolling.)

Posts 20
Tom Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 1 2018 2:02 PM

Amen! I had no clue on the two finger usage except via here in this thread. Definitely a game changer.

Page 2 of 2 (25 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS