French Bible Translations

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 959
Yasmin Stephen | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Dec 19 2017 6:07 AM

I'm currently learning French and I'm interested in French Bible translations. I have the Louis Segond 1910 French Bible (LSG). Is there anything else? Preferably but not necessarily in Logos. Thanks in advance.

Posts 82
Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 19 2017 6:23 AM

There are a number of French Bible translations that would be easier for someone learning French than the French used in Louis Segond. 

La Bible en français courant

Parole de Vie (great for language learners uses a limited vocabulary of about 3500 words)

La Bible du Semeur (like the NIV)

Some might recommend others, but these are the ones I used when doing Bible translation in Chad.  If you want them in Logos you can purchase this https://www.logos.com/product/43893/pack-cle-premier#001

Its expensive, but it has a number of additional French resources.  On the other hand, if you are just beginning, just pick up a paper version of one of those translations.

Posts 959
Yasmin Stephen | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 19 2017 6:44 AM

Thank you, Paul! My vocabulary is certainly very limited at this point, so I appreciate your recommendations. The collection is too expensive for my needs right now, so I'll explore print versions. Thanks again! Smile

Posts 763
David A Egolf | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 20 2017 1:51 PM

A friend gave me a French version of the Jerusalem Bible years ago.  The original translation was done by Catholics in French.  I found it much easier to read than Segund.

Posts 959
Yasmin Stephen | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 4 2018 5:48 PM

Paul:

There are a number of French Bible translations that would be easier for someone learning French than the French used in Louis Segond. 

La Bible en français courant

Parole de Vie (great for language learners uses a limited vocabulary of about 3500 words)

La Bible du Semeur (like the NIV)

I'm happy to say that I can access all of these (and more) French Bibles from the YouVersion app. It would be great to have them in Logos, of course, but that'll do for now.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS