Brand New MacBook 2017 - Typing lyrics is EXTREMELY slow

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 370
Josh Edwards | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Dec 21 2017 4:44 AM

I have a brand new MacBook Pro 13". When typing lyrics it pauses, then puts almost an entire line of text on the screen at once. If I make a mistake, it churns, takes a moment to show on the screen then prints on the screen. This didn't use to happen. Any ideas on how I can speed this up? I'm guessing it has something to do with the preview screen refresh on the right hand side. Thanks for your help!

Posts 4593
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 21 2017 9:28 AM

Hi Josh

Proclaim editing is slow (comparatively) but not usually that slow.

However I have encountered similar slowdowns at other times the two cases that I have been able to blame are

1. Photos library re-catalogueing 

2. Logos indexing

Could either of these have been the culprit?

Posts 328
LogosEmployee
Justin (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 21 2017 10:33 AM

Hello Josh,

Sorry to hear it's giving you trouble.  Could you send us log files (Help > Save log files), and if possible, record a screen capture of it?  You can send those to proclaimsupport@faithlife.com

Posts 370
Josh Edwards | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 21 2017 12:40 PM

Justin,

I just sent the screen capture and the log files to you at the e-mail address provided. Please let me know of anything I can try.

Since I thought it may be due to the retina screen, I did try opening Proclaim in low resolution mode, but that didn't make any difference.

Thanks!

Posts 370
Josh Edwards | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 21 2017 12:41 PM

Mike, thanks for the suggestions, but I don't think either of those scenarios apply. Thanks for trying, though.

Posts 328
LogosEmployee
Justin (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 21 2017 2:02 PM

I've received your logs and videos.  Thanks for sending both, the video is a super helpful addition.   We'll take a look into the behavior report back to you, it may not be until next week because of the upcoming holidays, but you'll definitely hear back from us soon.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS