Question re: word list function and Logos flashcards

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
This post has 10 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 452
Is Mebin | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Dec 22 2017 1:11 PM

G'day...

It seems to me (unless I just don't know how to use it properly) that you can only build word lists based upon lemmas.  This is very limiting.  For example, I've been trying to make flashcards for Black's LTRNTG, and his vocabulary lists are from the very beginning not based on lemmas (example, listing future active indicative verbs with the present active indicatives in chapter 3).  I've tried as many methods as I can (from copy & paste into lemma, adding from clipboard, etc.) and can only produce blank inputs for anything other than lemmas. 

So, is there a way for building lists not based on lemmas?

Maybe another column could be added (in grid view) allowing us to type in Greek.  This would be especially handy for NOET applications, for those who are wanting to build lists outside NT usage, say in Classical Greek.

Thank you for any responses Big Smile

Posts 25876
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 22 2017 1:28 PM

Is Mebin:
It seems to me (unless I just don't know how to use it properly) that you can only build word lists based upon lemmas. 

Complete Lists are based on lemmas. But if you use Add  "..selected text" or "...Clipboard" from a Grammar resource you can create a Word List.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 452
Is Mebin | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 22 2017 1:49 PM

That is what I expected...however, only lemmas are picked up from clipboard...and if I paste into the lemma box, once it goes to the Flashcard app, it is blank...any thoughts?

Posts 452
Is Mebin | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 22 2017 1:55 PM

"Text does not contain any usable word date" - this is the message I get if I add from selected text, or if I add from clipboard when there are no lemmas contained there

Posts 25876
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 22 2017 9:30 PM

Is Mebin:

"Text does not contain any usable word date" - this is the message I get if I add from selected text, or if I add from clipboard when there are no lemmas contained there

What resource?

It works with the Elements of New Testament Greek:-

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 25876
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 22 2017 9:45 PM

Is Mebin:

That is what I expected...however, only lemmas are picked up from clipboard...and if I paste into the lemma box, once it goes to the Flashcard app, it is blank...any thoughts?

Strange behaviour. I can paste from Clipboard where I get your message with selected text. But nothing is pasted into the lemma box.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 218
Joshua Tan | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 22 2017 11:07 PM

May I know what app/resource you're referring to in this thread? Seems like it'd be of use for my studies.

Posts 10913
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 23 2017 1:42 AM

Joshua Tan:

May I know what app/resource you're referring to in this thread? Seems like it'd be of use for my studies.

Faithlife has produced an app called Flashcards - you'll find it in the app / play store. It will help learning vocabulary from the Logos Word List documents.

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Posts 270
Wei Qiang | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 23 2017 2:13 AM

Below are the link 

https://blog.logos.com/2014/03/new-free-greek-and-hebrew-flashcard-app/ 

Logos 8 Win 10

Posts 218
Joshua Tan | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 23 2017 2:35 AM

Thanks, NB.Mick & David. Do you have any idea how to access what looks like a listing of Greek words (see Dave's screenshot - the tab that does not have a name)?

Posts 452
Is Mebin | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 23 2017 4:27 AM

Sorry for delayed response, but I watched the 2 T20's with a mate...

Thank you for posting that screenshot...I realized that there was an extra column that I did not have (Card Front)...so I checked the box to display it, and now can build my word lists.  It seems that to add words that are not lemmas, it has to be done individually (copy and paste, then add from clipboard)...but at least it answered my question.

Thank you again.

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS