Custom Bible Reading Plans

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 28
Michael Clary | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Dec 28 2017 5:22 AM

Hello friends -- 

I'd like help with creating a Bible Reading Plan for next year. I'm not sure Logos is able to do what I was hoping for:

1. All gospel readings to come from the book "Harmony of the Gospels" (HCSB) instead of a regular bible. 

2. The rest of the NT readings to come from the regular ESV Bible. 

3. Auto-populate the readings and stretch them out over the year, 5 days a week.

From what I can tell, I can create a Custom Reading Plan with these books, but it won't auto populate. Or I can read a plan that has a pre-created harmony of the gospels, but not with the harmony notes. Anyone have any ideas how I can do this? 

Thank you!

Posts 2070
LogosEmployee

You should be able to get what you want by creating two separate generated reading plans, one for your HCSB readings and one for your ESV readings. Then create a new custom reading plan and use "Add" from another reading plan to add the readings from each of your generated plans. Make sure and reset the desired start date for the second plan to match that used by the first plan. After that you can delete the two generated plans.

Posts 28
Michael Clary | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 28 2017 4:23 PM

Ah, I see that. Thank you.

Posts 129
Joe Mayden | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 28 2017 5:17 PM

Some help!  In Wiki the following Harmony of the Gospels Reading plan:

https://wiki.logos.com/reading_plans

How do I set that up so I can read it 5 days a week for 6 months?

Thanks for the help!

Posts 2070
LogosEmployee

Joe Mayden:

Some help!  In Wiki the following Harmony of the Gospels Reading plan:

https://wiki.logos.com/reading_plans

How do I set that up so I can read it 5 days a week for 6 months?

Thanks for the help!

Create a generated reading plan. Set your desired start date, end date, and reading frequency, then paste the entire reference string into the reference box.

Posts 129
Joe Mayden | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 29 2017 3:52 AM

Thanks Andrew for responding.  

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS