Concordance

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 3655
Floyd Johnson | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Dec 30 2017 4:48 PM

I would like a report created where I enter an English in which I get all of the places it is used and the Greek or Hebrew word used for each reference - similar to that found in the classical presentation of Strong's concordance. I would be willing to use the Strong numbers - if I can not get the actual Greek or Hebrew words.

I have LOGOS 6, but would be interested if this can be created using the Concordance tool of LOGOS 7.

Thank you.

PS - I have found a PDF of the Strong Concordance on Google Books, but would prefer to have something integrated with LOGOS.

Blessings,
Floyd

Pastor-Patrick.blogspot.com

Posts 1690
Robert M. Warren | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 30 2017 5:53 PM

Floyd:

I'm probably over-simplifying your issue, but I think if you do a Bible Search on the English word from a given translation and specify Analysis, it provides what you're describing. See if this link works in L6 for an example: https://ref.ly/logos4/Search?kind=BibleSearch&q=worship&match=stem&in=raw%3aSingle%7cResourceId%3dLLS%3a1.0.710 

It could then be sent to Excel via Print/Export.

Win 10 Android 8.1 Fire OS 5

Posts 3655
Floyd Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 30 2017 6:04 PM

Robert M. Warren:

Floyd:

I'm probably over-simplifying your issue, but I think if you do a Bible Search on the English word from a given translation and specify Analysis, it provides what you're describing. See if this link works in L6 for an example: https://ref.ly/logos4/Search?kind=BibleSearch&q=worship&match=stem&in=raw%3aSingle%7cResourceId%3dLLS%3a1.0.710 

It could then be sent to Excel via Print/Export.

Not oversimplifying at all - I had tried this with the CSB translation and got just the setting before and after the serched word. No option was given to get Greek or Hebrew roots. Probably did not have the database links needed to build the report. Thanks.

Blessings,
Floyd

Pastor-Patrick.blogspot.com

Posts 1690
Robert M. Warren | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 30 2017 6:36 PM

Floyd:

You might not have the reverse interlinears for the CSB. See if it works with the HCSB, if you have it.

I know the free L7 Basic package provides a number of RIs (ESB, NLT, NASB, NIV, etc), but it doesn't appear to have the CSB. I have it either because I have the Extended Feature set, or because I have the RIs for the HCSB and they did a special deal when the CSB came out.

Win 10 Android 8.1 Fire OS 5

Posts 17877
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 30 2017 10:11 PM

Floyd Johnson:
... would be interested if this can be created using the Concordance tool of LOGOS 7.

Grouping Sense by Lemma in Concordance using CSB with Reverse Interlinears has Greek/Hebrew for English Sense:

Keep Smiling Smile

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS