BUG - MacOS - Text Boxes Don't Carry Over when Using ++ Bullet Lists

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 370
Josh Edwards | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Dec 31 2017 4:48 AM

Good morning. Just ran into an issue which I did work around (by duplicating slides and removing each bullet from the appropriate slides) - I have created a sermon points slide and tried using the ++ to reveal bullets on subsequent slides. However, it erases my custom text boxes (in which I have the title of the sermon) from the slides starting on slide 2 and following. Just to make sure I wasn't missing something I created a completely new slide and it did the same thing as I have run into this issue before. However, I believe it was fixed in a previous release. I'm guessing it's broken again. Attached is a picture for your reference and my log files. Please let me know if you need anything else.

3480.Proclaim Logs.zip

Posts 159
LogosEmployee
Matt Mattox (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 31 2017 6:16 AM

Hey Josh,

I ran some test and was able to recreate what you were experiencing. I do apologize for that. I do have a recommendation to avoid what is happening to you.

Instead of created a new text box for your title slide. Keep all the text in the general text field from the content slide.

Your layout for what you are trying to accomplish should look something like this:

Following Jesus in 2018

• ++ deny yourself

All the text is in one text box  and when you go on air you will notice the title slide 'Following Jesus in 2018' will stay on the slide while the 'deny yourself' will fade in and both text fields will still be present. I attached a screenshot as well for a visual of how I set it up.

Let me know how this works for you. 

Posts 605
LogosEmployee
Jordan Sjodin | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 31 2017 6:47 AM
Hey Josh, you should be able to right click on the textfield that is disappearing and check ‘Shows on all slides’

Mac | iOS | Android | Windows | Web Developer 

Posts 370
Josh Edwards | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 31 2017 9:08 AM

Thanks for both your suggestions... Matt, it would have been ok to do that except I wanted a different size for the titles and sometimes different fonts, so while I could have done that, I chose not to for that reason.

Jordan -- Why didn't I know about this?? LOL - Thanks for the suggestion. I'll remember that for the future. Totally didn't know that even existed. Thanks for your response.

The computer went crazy during service today - not due to Proclaim at all. We run HDMI on an iMac, and it has been flaky recently. Although, we made it through the last 2 weeks with no interruptions at all! This morning it decided to stop working before the second set of songs. Oh well. Hymnals came in handy. I'm switching to VGA tomorrow.

Thanks again!

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS