Please share your reading plan(s) for 2018

Page 2 of 2 (36 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 35 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 205
Marshall Harrison | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 1 2018 5:44 PM

I set up the 365-Connect the Testaments reading plan today and that was my main focus for the year.

But after reading about the NIV ARCHAEOLOGICAL STUDY BIBLE I may purchase the Kindle version of that and add it to my reading or use it to do the Connect plan. I like the sound of reading it along with the commentary and archaeological notes. I may just do that for the book of Acts and my studies on Paul.

Posts 18
Ronnie Sinclair | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 1 2018 7:17 PM

I am planning on reading "The Songs of Jesus: A Year of Daily Devotions in the Psalms" throughout the year.

I have also planned out this month to read "How to Read the Psalms" and "Prayer: Experiencing Awe and Intimacy with God". I'll see how that goes and if it goes well I'll do another book or two next month and so on.

I will probably just jump throughout the Bible depending on what my church is reading (as I am not a pastor).

Posts 2060
Forum MVP
Randy W. Sims | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 1 2018 8:16 PM

I'm turning to Judaism this year. I've been wanting to get more immersed in Judaism and to learn more about the Jewish viewpoint so I'm looking forward to reading a jewish translation or two. I had been going back and forth over whether to read Leeser's Bible. NJPS, or Artscroll (on iOS app). What I really want is to read through the Commentator's Bible. It hurt bad that I had to pass that up on PP. But now that I'm only 2 payments from being out from under a heavy payment note, I think I'll end up grabbing it (and hopefully the final volume later this year when it's published). Meanwhile I'll supplement it with readings from Artscroll Tanach w/ Notes. I really wish Artscroll was in Logos because I very much miss comparing versions side-by-side which really matters for this reading, and having easy access to Lexica.

On the same theme, I've also been doing some "light" reading from Jewish Literacy. Very small little bitesize readings, perfect for the little room. Or so I thought. Many of the readings stick with me and drag me in to further study.

Posts 22
Bill | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 2 2018 2:10 AM

My reading plan is spending the year reading through the CSB Spurgeon Study Bible in hardcopy. I will use the Logos version when the CSB Spurgeon Study Bible Notes transfers from prepub to being published. I use the Daily Bible Reading Volume 1 by John Butler for my reading plan.

Posts 88
David Housholder | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 2 2018 6:04 AM

I have started the plan to read the Bible in 90 daya to get that faster overview. So far I've used YouVersion to follow it since I can listen to the audio. I searched the list of plans available in Logos 7 and it is there in the list. If I click on it I get a green checkmark by it, but then...? After that it doesnt show anywhere. What do I do to activate it? NOTE: I have been attempting thid so far on my iPad.

Posts 1576
Kenute P. Curry | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 2 2018 7:48 AM

I have voted for the NIV ARCHAEOLOGICAL STUDY BIBLE Bruce Dunning, and just voted for it again.

Posts 234
Kevin Olson | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 2 2018 8:05 AM

Kenute P. Curry:

I try to read a different translation of the Scriptures every year. This year it will be THE NEW JERUSALEM BIBLE. I have the Hardback Copy in Print Form, since it is not in Logos. 

Am currently finishing up reading the NIV ARCHAEOLOGICAL STUDY BIBLE, which I also have in print Form; and which is also not in Logos.

The readers edition of the NJB is in Logos.  

The New Jerusalem Bible: Reader's Edition (NJB)

The fuller version with notes is in pre-pub.  Put in a bid, and help move that one along.  

The New Jerusalem BibleThe Complete Text of the Ancient Canon ofthe Scriptures

For 2018, I am reading through M'Cheyne's plan, with the DA Carson "For the Love of God" devotionals.  I am also reading through Harmony of the Gospels by Easley and Cox.  There are 180+ sections, so I plan to read a section a day and go through the Harmony twice this year.  

Posts 1523
Forum MVP
Levi Durfey | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 2 2018 8:46 AM

My plan this year is to alternate between sections of the Bible each month, reading the OT once and the NT three times. I only want to read one part of the Bible at a time, but the OT is a long haul. I didn't want to spend that much time away from the NT. So I developed this plan:

1. Genesis - Numbers (153)

2. Matthew - Romans (133)

3. Deuteronomy - 2 Kings (185)

4. 1 Corinthians - Revelation (127)

5. 1 Chronicles - Job & Proverbs - Song of Solomon (191)

6. Matthew - Romans (133)

7. Psalms (150)

8. 1 Corinthians - Revelation (127)

9. Isaiah - Lamentations (123)

10. Matthew - Romans (133)

11. Ezekiel - Malachi (127)

12. 1 Corinthians - Revelation (127)

An average of about 5 chapters a day will get through most sections each month.

Posts 8848
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 2 2018 10:33 AM

Kenute P. Curry:

I have voted for the NIV ARCHAEOLOGICAL STUDY BIBLE Bruce Dunning, and just voted for it again.

Yes I did too!

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 27
Shannon L. Newsome | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 30 2018 2:18 AM

Are you reading the Phillip's from Logos? I can't seem to find that available. Is this a "grandfathered" download like the 1984 NIV, or am I missing something?

Posts 27
Shannon L. Newsome | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 30 2018 2:25 AM

Are you reading the Phillip's from Logos? I can't seem to find that anywhere. Is that a "grandfathered" download like the 1984 NIV, or am I missing something?

Posts 8848
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 30 2018 4:03 AM

Shannon Newsome:
Are you reading the Phillip's from Logos?

Yes, I'm reading it in Logos but, since it is not available for sale I created a personal book.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 27
Shannon L. Newsome | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 30 2018 7:39 AM

Would you be willing to share more information as to how you did that? 

Posts 3110
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 30 2018 7:56 AM

I'm a month into it and I'm really liking the M'cheyene reading plan in Logos (I might have misspelled that Smile)  There is still time to grab the free volume one devotional that goes with that plan by DA Carson.  From what I remember, you read the OT once and NT twice throughout the year.

Posts 8848
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 30 2018 10:53 AM

Shannon Newsome:
Would you be willing to share more information as to how you did that?

I'll talk to you about it off line. In the meantime you should remove your email address from your post.

Posts 1382
Forum MVP
Veli Voipio | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 5 2018 7:34 AM

Well, I probably have already changed my reading plan.

Four months ago I've got Dictionary of Daily Life in Biblical and Post-Biblical Antiquity (4 vols.)   https://www.logos.com/product/136744/dictionary-of-daily-life-in-biblical-and-post-biblical-antiquity 

I thought it is a good reference but then I started reading it. Seems to have very useful info in an interesting format. I may be reading it the rest of the year!

Just a bit off - topic: in "Bellows and furnaces" - it mentions "bloomery iron" but I cannot find any good definition/explanation/ or Finnish translation to it yet. Any metallurgists among Logos users could explain it to us non-metallurgists?

Gold package, and original language material and ancient text material, SIL and UBS books, discourse Hebrew OT and Greek NT. PC with Windows 8.1

Page 2 of 2 (36 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS