Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
This post has 11 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 24860
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Apr 17 2010 12:48 PM | Locked

1) when I type Finnish:talo I get results (although it appears to ignore finad all forms)

2) when I type Finish:tal and select from the drop down box, the Finnish gets duplicated ... I can also get Finnish:transliteration:talo using this method. I get no matches.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 4077
Melissa Snyder | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 19 2010 11:23 AM | Locked

I get results with both methods, entering 'finnish:talo', or typing 'finnish:talo' and selecting 'finnish:talo' from suggested matches (which does result in 'finnish' being duplicated). I'm not sure how you're getting the one with transliteration in it. Is that the one that does not bring up results?

Posts 24860
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 19 2010 1:03 PM | Locked

Whenever the prefix doubles itself I get no results. The problem is in the selection from the drop down menu which repeats itself.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 4077
Melissa Snyder | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 19 2010 1:12 PM | Locked

MJ. Smith:

Whenever the prefix doubles itself I get no results. The problem is in the selection from the drop down menu which repeats itself.

Your screenshot shows results with' finnish:finnish:talo'.  And I get the same results (19) whether entering 'finnish:talo' or choosing it from the drop-down (finnish:finnish:talo). I'm not sure why our results differ, but I will report the duplication.

Posts 24860
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 19 2010 1:31 PM | Locked

Melissa Snyder:
Your screenshot shows results with' finnish:finnish:talo'. 

My apologies for the misleading screen shot. This is what I get today having brought Logos 4.0b beta 4 up and having preformed nothing but the following actions:

a straight-forward click on the drop down menu and clicking on arrow to start search. No results.

===============================================================================

Talo should precede taloon but is not offered as a choice. It may be that diacritical marks are affecting the sorting but do not appear in the list (see shot below for why I think this).

================================================================================

Now talo appears as an option

But when I select from the drop-down menu and start search I get no results

===============================================================================

But then again, today I get no results if I type it in without selecting from the menu. However, all is not lost - I can get results if I omit all prefixing.

NOTE: THE LAST ONE IS STILL IGNORING THE SHOW ALL FORMS OPTION.

It appears to me that there are several issues:

1. The duplication which you have reported

2. Drop down menu sort order or failure to show diacritical marks

3. Ignoring of all forms flag

4. Apparent failure of the search to find matches

Could some of these be the result of my using a capital on Finnish? That is so automatic that I scarcely noticed.

Posts 4077
Melissa Snyder | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 19 2010 3:41 PM | Locked

MJ. Smith:

It appears to me that there are several issues:

1. The duplication which you have reported

2. Drop down menu sort order or failure to show diacritical marks

3. Ignoring of all forms flag

4. Apparent failure of the search to find matches

Could some of these be the result of my using a capital on Finnish? That is so automatic that I scarcely noticed.

1. | 4. It doesn't appear that it is necessary to type 'finnish' in front of the query, if you search only Finnish Bibles. I did find that typing 'Finnish' does change the results to 0.

2. | 3. Do you have "Match all word forms" checked? If so, try unchecking it.

Posts 24860
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 19 2010 3:51 PM | Locked

Melissa Snyder:
2. | 3. Do you have "Match all word forms" checked? If so, try unchecking it.

Yes, I do. My initial problem was that when match all forms is checked, it doesn't match all forms. The remainder of quirks are what I found as I was trying to determine why I wasn't getting all forms.

Posts 4077
Melissa Snyder | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 19 2010 3:57 PM | Locked

MJ. Smith:
Yes, I do. My initial problem was that when match all forms is checked, it doesn't match all forms. The remainder of quirks are what I found as I was trying to determine why I wasn't getting all forms.

This appears to be a problem with Swedish searches, too. I've added Finnish queries to the case.

Posts 24860
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 19 2010 4:12 PM | Locked

Melissa Snyder:
This appears to be a problem with Swedish searches, too. I've added Finnish queries to the case.

Thanks. I just tried the searches against all open Bibles when I had English, Greek and Finnish Bibles open. The results were a bit different - but still not right.

Posts 527
Ebbe Andréasson | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 20 2010 6:47 AM | Locked

Melissa Snyder:
This appears to be a problem with Swedish searches, too.

I've reported this once but when testing it again today I realise this issue in swedish search is solved in 4.0c B4.

Thanks!!! Big Smile

(You can search for "träd" (tree) and test it yourself if you want.)

Posts 1367
JimTowler | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 20 2010 8:55 PM | Locked

Melissa Snyder:
Your screenshot shows results with' finnish:finnish:talo'.  And I get the same results (19) whether entering 'finnish:talo' or choosing it from the drop-down (finnish:finnish:talo). I'm not sure why our results differ, but I will report the duplication.

Melissa,

In case it adds anything useful, there is something with "latin:latin:someword" too, per http://community.logos.com/forums/p/14520/111324.aspx#111324

Just dont worry about my later posts in that thread which change focus a little ...

Posts 18201
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 20 2010 9:30 PM | Locked

The duplicated finnish: prefix is probably the same bug that was reported already on the wiki back in 4.0b Beta 2 (Bug: “translit:” gets duplicated when selecting from dropdown) and was confirmed but has been languishing there ever since:

http://wiki.logos.com/Bug$3a_$22translit$3a$22_gets_duplicated_when_selecting_from_dropdown

And same for the latin: prefix.

There might be something else going on with Finnish Bible searches, but at least the prefix part is a known bug.

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS