Free book of the month

Page 1 of 4 (66 items) 1 2 3 4 Next >
This post has 65 Replies | 5 Followers

Posts 1721
Paul Caneparo | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Dec 31 2017 11:10 PM

Thank you Logos. 2 amazing books for $0 and $1.99. 

However, the $9.99 is incredible. I was tempted to buy it elsewhere this month as it's on offer at $29.99 less the 30% my rep normally gives me. However to pick it up for $9.99 in my preferred software and at such a great price is incredible.

A great start to 2018!

Posts 529
Jonathan Bradley | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 1 2018 1:37 AM

Link?

Posts 529
Jonathan Bradley | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 1 2018 1:40 AM

Nevermind. My phone kept loading an olde cached page As I’m somewhere with really bad internet. I found it. Thank you!

Posts 518
Leo Wee Fah | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 1 2018 1:55 AM

Thanks for the heads up...!

Posts 2821
Jan Krohn | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 1 2018 2:35 AM

Interestingly, instead of Acts, I got 2 Samuel:

https://www.logos.com/resources/LLS_PRWD10SA2/preaching-the-word-2-samuel-your-kingdom-come

Even more interestingly, this volume shows as part of the Acts resource on the details page.

Tongue Tied

Past IT Consultant. Past Mission Worker. Entrepreneur. Seminary Student (VIU).
Christian Debate Forum --- Auferstanden! Blog

Posts 1721
Paul Caneparo | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 1 2018 2:50 AM

Jan

Wow! I would love to have got that too. I've emailed Logos to have it made available separately and they promised to do so. Sometime...

Update. So did I. (In addition to the Acts volumes.) Great spot! 

Posts 2821
Jan Krohn | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 1 2018 3:04 AM

I just noticed I got Acts too - just didn't spot it initially since I owned one volume before. Big Smile

The additional Samuel volume more than makes up for the lack of dynamic pricing.

I suspect this bonus was not intended by FL. Wink

Past IT Consultant. Past Mission Worker. Entrepreneur. Seminary Student (VIU).
Christian Debate Forum --- Auferstanden! Blog

Posts 12153
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 1 2018 3:09 AM

Jan Krohn:

https://www.logos.com/resources/LLS_PRWD10SA2/preaching-the-word-2-samuel-your-kingdom-come

Even more interestingly, this volume shows as part of the Acts resource on the details page.

Tongue Tied

Jan, I see that book newly in my library as well. 

MLJ on Acts 1-8 comes in six volumes - at first it seemed like Logos delivered only five (vol II to VI) - however I found that I own vol I "Authentic Christianity" already. Most problaby it's the same for you: maybe filtering the library for series:"Studies in the book" or for author:Lloyd-Jones will show you that you have all six (provided your order for the $9.99 'free book' went through). 

Thus there remains only the issue that the shop erroneously thinks that the book by Woodhouse on 2 Sam is part of the bundle. I'm sure Logos will rectify this soon (maybe on Jan 2) - maybe we get to keep this as an unintended New Year's gift

EDIT: I see that you found it to be so, too. So for the time being, my smiley goes Smile

Running Logos 9 latest (beta) version on Win 10

Posts 1721
Paul Caneparo | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 1 2018 4:06 AM

Jan

Because some Free Book of the Month 'errors' seem to occur, I normally buy everything immediately and then reflect on whether I really needed the $9.99 offer later. The MLJ volumes on Acts were great on their own. The fact we got the 2 Samuel book too was a real bonus as I was tempted to buy elsewhere.

Posts 1514
HJ. van der Wal | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 1 2018 4:07 AM

Thanks!

Paul Caneparo:

A great start to 2018!

Yes

Posts 148
Michael Wert | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 1 2018 4:26 AM

I already owned these 6 books.  Thought it was a new book released from the puplisher from Lloyd-Jones.  

The system for some reason still took my money.  Calling tomorrow for a refund.  I didn’t pick up on the disguise.

Posts 1721
Paul Caneparo | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 1 2018 5:18 AM

If you like the Preaching The Word series, the 2 Samuel volume alone is worth $9.99.

Posts 521
Nord Zootman | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 1 2018 5:30 AM

OMykeO:

I already owned these 6 books.  Thought it was a new book released from the puplisher from Lloyd-Jones.  

The system for some reason still took my money.  Calling tomorrow for a refund.  I didn’t pick up on the disguise.

It did the same for me, but I realized that before I ordered.

Posts 2205
Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 1 2018 5:31 AM

OMykeO:

I also own all six volumes.  Glad I checked before purchasing.  At first I thought it was a repackage of what I already owned.  But it is not.  I already own this resource.

Posts 9672
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 1 2018 5:48 AM

Paul Caneparo:
However, the $9.99 is incredible. I was tempted to buy it elsewhere this month as it's on offer at $29.99 less the 30% my rep normally gives me. However to pick it up for $9.99 in my preferred software and at such a great price is incredible.

Agreed. This is an amazing deal and Martyn Lloyd-Jones is an excellent author.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 9672
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 1 2018 5:55 AM

Nord Zootman:

OMykeO:

Add me to the list of people who did this. Sad

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 29915
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 1 2018 6:12 AM

Jan Krohn:

Does this now show as owned? https://www.logos.com/product/69452/crossway-commentary-upgrade 

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 29915
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 1 2018 6:14 AM

OMykeO:
I already owned these 6 books.

Check you "last updated" column (sort by it) and see what was added to your library today. 

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 2399
GaoLu | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 1 2018 6:18 AM

Well, I bought...something.  I am not sure what.  I already had MLJ too, (since July 11, 2016), but bought it anyway by mistake. It was a great deal, but not one that I needed. Now what?  

Posts 218
Joshua Tan | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 1 2018 6:34 AM

Bruce Dunning:

Nord Zootman:

OMykeO:

Add me to the list of people who did this. Sad

Did you previously own: https://www.logos.com/resources/LLS_PRWD10SA2/preaching-the-word-2-samuel-your-kingdom-come ?

Page 1 of 4 (66 items) 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS