LOGOS Forums Search Results

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 9
Chip | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Jan 3 2018 5:15 PM

I have a general question related to LOGOS search results, as related to any of the active forums.  I searched on a particular search string as follow: "HP ENVY".  When I enter the search string into the search window it comes back with three (3) result. But the search results miss the post at https://community.logos.com/forums/p/140234/894949.aspx#894949 which also contains the string I was searching for.  Why did the LOGOS search miss one (at least) case?  

Posts 27684
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 3 2018 5:21 PM

I am confused by your question. Are you searching in a browser or from within the Logos app? 

If you are trying to search the forums, your best bet is always google. TO search for "HP Envy," use the following syntax: site:community.logos.com HP Envy

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 563
Scott E. Mahle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 3 2018 5:26 PM

Logos does Bible software. Google does searching. No need to reinvent the wheel Wink

Logos Series X Pastor’s Library | Logos 3 Leader’s Library | Logos 4 Portfolio | Logos 5 Platinum | Logos 6 Feature Crossgrade | Logos 7 Essential Upgrade - Large | Logos 8 Methodist & Wesleyan Platinum and Academic Professional

Posts 9
Chip | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 3 2018 5:28 PM

In the forums web page there is a search window (Just to the right of the forums moniker with the LOGOS symbol).  If you enter in a key word into that window the search results will return those Forum posts that contain the appropriate key words, or so I thought.  When I use the designated Forums search window as described above, I don't get the expected results. This technique has the advantage of limiting the search to particular forums as there is a pull down menu in the search results that allows for search specificity.  when I use the site:community.logos.com HP Envy link, the results number in the hundreds and still do not get me to the targeted post. 

Posts 2408
David Ames | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 3 2018 6:14 PM

Using:
site:community.logos.com "HP ENVY machines with Intel 5500 graphic technology" 

Google found:
Home Page bug at Start up with Widnows 8.1 - Logos Bible Software ...
https://community.logos.com/forums/p/140234/941338.aspx 

Apr 1, 2017 - 3 posts - ‎2 authors
I am not sure if this was an intentional solution, or an ancillary effect of other fixes that were implemented. Either way, it fixed my issue. It might be useful for future diagnostics to document this symptom, as associated with HP ENVY machines with Intel 5500 graphic technology, in your post-release notes to ... 

The problem with the Google search is that there is no way [that I know of] to search the search results

site:community.logos.com  HP ENVY  gives About 363 results (0.46 seconds)  [[and only let me view the first 8 pages]]  

Posts 17964
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 3 2018 8:01 PM

David Ames:
Using:
site:community.logos.com "HP ENVY machines with Intel 5500 graphic technology" 

Suggest searching Google with distinctive keywords:

site:community.logos.com "HP ENVY" "Intel 5500"

Keep Smiling Smile

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS