Trouble with some reference links in Geisler's Systematic Theology

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 9
Andy Devine | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Jan 6 2018 7:09 PM

There is a section in Geisler's Systematic Theology entitled 

The Catholic View Is Similar to the Error of Galatianism

Geisler, N. L. (2004). Systematic theology, volume three: sin, salvation (p. 270). Minneapolis, MN: Bethany House Publishers.

The verses referenced in these paragraphs are supposed to be linked to Galatians but instead they are linked to Romans.  is there a way to fix this issue?  Thanks!

Posts 218
Joshua Tan | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 6 2018 7:12 PM

Here's what I usually do:

Right click on the word that has been linked incorrectly -> Report Typo -> Explain in "comments" section

(Not sure if this is the best way to do it though; besides, they no longer send typo notifications to my email)

Posts 28122
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 6 2018 7:16 PM

If you are able, you should adjust your tile to add the prefix “Typo:”

To answer your question, no, there is nothing “we” can do (other than notify FL).

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 945
Everett Headley | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 7 2018 3:15 PM

This is actually quite common.   I have reported these ad nasuem.  I have since stopped.

Posts 28122
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 7 2018 3:27 PM

Everett Headley:
This is actually quite common.

In this resource, or in others? I know that this is true for Vyrso resources, but this is a "logos edition." 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 245
BriM | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 8 2018 9:48 PM

alabama24:

Everett Headley:
This is actually quite common.

In this resource, or in others? I know that this is true for Vyrso resources, but this is a "logos edition." 

I find it very common, particularly in Logos edition commentaries. I often observe that, when a passage is being discussed and another part of the Bible is referred to, links to that other part are shown as if they were in the passage being discussed. This usually happens when that author introduces the other references by naming the book being referenced, then later in the sentence or paragraph just giving chapter and verse, with the book being assumed from context. It seems that Logos is generating the links automatically, rather than by human interpretation.

I generally report these when I'm working online, but don't know whether they ever get fixed because I rarely have cause to re-read them.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS