Smart Tags stop working LogosCom.exe moved/deleted

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 5546
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Jan 7 2018 6:53 AM

Yesterday I noticed that SmartTags stopped working. In trying to get it to work using the script provided, I got the error message "LogosCom.exe not found" and gave the location where it was supposed to be (.../%AppData%/Logos/System).

Eventually I found the file in the Pending folder. I copied it to the System file and all worked.

This morning SmartTags stopped working again. Upon investigation I found the LogosCom.exe file removed from System.

Two questions: 1)Why does Logos keep removing LogosCom.exe from the System file. 2)Why do I have so many files in my "Pending" folder?

I guess a further question is this: Is this a known issue?

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 23457
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 7 2018 1:14 PM

You shouldn't have a Pending folder if the software updated succesfully i.e. if you restarted Logos when notified.

Restarting Logos or the computer should update Logos, remove the Pending folder and LogosCom.exe will be in the \System folder. Alternatively, do a Repair from Control Panel >> Programs and Features.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 5546
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 7 2018 1:45 PM

Dave Hooton:

You shouldn't have a Pending folder if the software updated succesfully i.e. if you restarted Logos when notified.

Restarting Logos or the computer should update Logos, remove the Pending folder and LogosCom.exe will be in the \System folder. Alternatively, do a Repair from Control Panel >> Programs and Features.

Thanks Dave.

I've restarted Logos several times since the last install. Doing a repair in Programs and Features didn't fix it.

However, restarting the computer and then starting Logos did fix the issue. My "Pending" folder is now gone and all the files that were in it are now migrated to the System folder. Also, I find that there is not a notification on the Home Page of the latest beta being installed (I usually dismiss those after I see them). That suggests it was partially, but not completely installed, but didn't realize it (?). Interesting.

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS