Page 1 of 1 (14 items)
This post has 13 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 403
777 | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Jun 21 2009 9:27 PM

Hi,

How do I tell if I'm using the OC or ND version of my Original Languages library?  I bought the OC and then got an upgrade disk for ND and installed that and afterwards backed up my license.  When I re-installed, I just downloaded the .zip install set from the Logos web site and after installing Logos I restored my license.  After that I moved all my unlocks that I had burned to DVD to the local drive, so I ~assume~ I'm using the ND version..... but how can I tell?

Thanks!

Posts 5629
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 21 2009 9:55 PM

See: http://www.logos.com/logos3/new/nd

If you have the TNIV and NIrV, then you have it.  Although I see from that link that the Original Languages Library is not listed as one of the libraries to have these new resources.

You can also examine your licenses in Libronix by selecting Tools->Library Management->Account Summary.  The ND version of your library should be listed in there somewhere.

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 403
777 | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 21 2009 10:41 PM

Hi Todd,

Yeah, I do not have these resources, but I do have the ND.  Thanks for the tip on how to check.

Mike

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 21 2009 10:49 PM

MichaelMiles:

Hi,

How do I tell if I'm using the OC or ND version of my Original Languages library?  I bought the OC and then got an upgrade disk for ND and installed that and afterwards backed up my license.  When I re-installed, I just downloaded the .zip install set from the Logos web site and after installing Logos I restored my license.  After that I moved all my unlocks that I had burned to DVD to the local drive, so I ~assume~ I'm using the ND version..... but how can I tell?

Thanks!

Although you seem to already have your answer, I thought it might be good to post the method for anyone to determine what he has.  If you go to

www.logos.com/upgrade

and then click on the "Go" button beneath your customer ID, on the following page you will see a blue area with "Discounts for You" which will state what version you have.  You may then be offered an opportunity to upgrade.

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 5629
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 21 2009 11:13 PM

George Somsel:
you will see a blue area with "Discounts for You" which will state what version you have.

I see the library that I have, George, but it doesn't tell me the version (OC, ND, etc).

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 21 2009 11:44 PM

Todd Phillips:

George Somsel:
you will see a blue area with "Discounts for You" which will state what version you have.

I see the library that I have, George, but it doesn't tell me the version (OC, ND, etc).

Are you sure?  Mine does.

As an owner of Original Languages Library (OC), you qualify for any of the discounted upgrade options listed below. Choose CD for a 7-disc CD-ROM set or choose DVD to receive everything on one convenient DVD-ROM. Your new licenses will be sent by email and the disc(s) will arrive by mail.

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 27039
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 22 2009 12:24 AM

Todd Phillips:

What Upgrades are available?

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 10836
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 22 2009 5:14 AM

George Somsel:

[Are you sure?  Mine does.

As an owner of Original Languages Library (OC), you qualify for any of the discounted upgrade options listed below. Choose CD for a 7-disc CD-ROM set or choose DVD to receive everything on one convenient DVD-ROM. Your new licenses will be sent by email and the disc(s) will arrive by mail.

George

If you originally purchased Original Language and then later "upgraded' to one of the Scholar's packages, you won't see the OC or ND. At least that seems to be the case from my Account Summary.

Jack

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 22 2009 6:27 AM

JackCaviness:

If you originally purchased Original Language and then later "upgraded' to one of the Scholar's packages, you won't see the OC or ND. At least that seems to be the case from my Account Summary.

Now, why in the world would I want to "upgrade" to the "Scholar's" packages?  There's so much in there I absolutely wouldn't want so I wouldn't consider it an upgrade at all.

george
gfsomsel

Posts 10836
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 22 2009 1:07 PM

George Somsel:

Now, why in the world would I want to "upgrade" to the "Scholar's" packages?  There's so much in there I absolutely wouldn't want so I wouldn't consider it an upgrade at all.

Jack

I guess that would depend upon your personal interest. I know that it is shocking that mine are different from yours, but that is life. However, I must agree that I did get much that I did not really want.

Jack

Posts 79
Theophilus | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 13 2009 5:36 PM

George Somsel:

As an owner of Original Languages Library (OC), you qualify for any of the discounted upgrade options listed below.

Hi George, I'm thinking of buying OL3 discounted and then crossgrading it to OL4, but since I don't have OL3 yet, I can't use Logos Discount Calculator to compute how much it would cost to crossgrade, and whether all this would save me anything at all instead of just buying OL4 new. Since you already have OL3, can you please tell me how much Logos charges to crossgrade to OL4? That will help me make a more informed decision. Thanks.

Posts 79
Theophilus | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 15 2009 12:13 PM

Please disregard my earlier question regarding the cost of crossgrading immediately above. I've contacted Logos and obtained the info directly. Thanks.

Posts 3747
BillS | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 16 2009 2:39 PM

MikeM:
OC or ND version

Now that problem is resolved, I can no longer hold back... pretty sure I'm running the OCD version...Wink

Grace & Peace,
Bill

MSI GF63 8RD, I-7 8850H, 32GB RAM, 1TB SSD, 2TB HDD, NVIDIA GTX 1050Max
iPhone 12 Pro Max 512Gb
Fire 10HD 64GB 7th Gen

Posts 653
Alex Scott | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 16 2009 2:50 PM

Bill Stonebraker:
pretty sure I'm running the OCD version...Wink

Problem is...that requires a downgrade doesn't it - and who wants that!

Longtime Logos user (more than $30,000 in purchases) - now a second class user because I won't pay them more every month or year.

Page 1 of 1 (14 items) | RSS