How do I find out the title of a resource based on the file name?

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 432
George | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Jan 11 2018 11:05 AM

I have some files in the resources folder that I just noticed and I would like to know if there is any way to figure out the title of a resource based on the file name.  For example:

SPHCLSDPSCLNSGK.logos4

SRMNSBTTD.logos4

SNMNPRNCHMTT.logos4

I don't know what the titles of those resources are.

Any help would be appreciated.

Grace and peace!

Posts 2830
Don Awalt | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 11 2018 11:31 AM

Put the filename into the command box on the home page, without the period and extension. For example, 

SPHCLSDPSCLNSGK

It will search, and then in the drop down it will show the title of the resource.

Posts 432
George | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 11 2018 12:13 PM

Don,

Thank you for helping me out.  Doing that does indeed return the name of the resource for most titles.  It doesn't do it for my mystery files.  I have no idea how they got there.  I have about 25 files similar to this one SACREDEAST01.logos4.  I assume this is one of the books in the Sacred Books of the East collection.  I don't own any of those.  Maybe they got downloaded at some point due to my Logs Now subscription.  If that is the case Logos didn't do a good job removing them. i have about 300 files like that and they take up over 1G of space.

Thanks again for your help.

Posts 19168
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 11 2018 12:20 PM

George:
Maybe they got downloaded at some point due to my Logs Now subscription.  If that is the case Logos didn't do a good job removing them. i have about 300 files like that and they take up over 1G of space.

Do the files remain after using command:

Delete Unlicensed Resources

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 432
George | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 11 2018 12:51 PM

Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :):

Do the files remain after using command:

Delete Unlicensed Resources

Keep Smiling Smile

The Delete Unlicensed Resources command removed all those files. 

I learned two new things today thanks the generous help of kindhearted gentleman!

Thank you for your help.

Grace and peace!

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS