Sermon Editor and Media Browser

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 60
Mike Measley | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Jan 15 2018 12:12 PM

I greatly appreciate the Sermon Editor, and publishing the sermon to Proclaim.

Proclaim is also well set up with linking our Graceway account, and the ability to use the Media Browser, and to edit media.

Now, I wish I could edit the slides in the Sermon Editor using the Graceway media, or media I edit in Proclaim. 

Anyway to get the Proclaim media browser/media editor to work with the sermon editor in Logos?

Mike Measley

Using Logos Desktop Software, Proclaim, Faithlife Groups, Faithlife Apps (Android), app.logos.com

Windows 10, Android  7, Chromebook (app.logos.com/Chrome Desktop Remote)

Posts 25956
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 17 2018 11:35 PM

bumping as this has not received any attention and I'd have to do a bit of research to answer.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 60
Mike Measley | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 24 2018 9:32 AM

Here is the problem:

In Sermon Editor, you want to change the background and text formatting of a slide. You right click the slide thumbnail and click edit. You get the sermon editor.

The slide has the proper Title, Subheader and Reference fields.

Try to change the background by uploading media...

Now, you no longer have header, subheader, or reference fields. You only have a Body Text field.

In the Proclaim media creation tool, You can choose the proper template, and then bring in the media for the background.

When preparing the sermon, I would like to be able to work in just the Sermon Editor, and export to Proclaim slides that are right. 

At this point, I have found it easier to create the sermon with generic white or black background slides, but then I have to change the backgrounds, and font formatting of all of the slides in Proclaim. 

If Sermon editor would allow media creation and selection, it would allow the slides to be made once, and applied properly to produce the right slides as the sermon is bring written, saving all of the editing in Proclaim.

Or, just make the slide editor only change the background, and not the text fields.

Mike Measley

Using Logos Desktop Software, Proclaim, Faithlife Groups, Faithlife Apps (Android), app.logos.com

Windows 10, Android  7, Chromebook (app.logos.com/Chrome Desktop Remote)

Posts 11
Justin Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 10 2019 6:32 AM

Agreed! Customizable fields (even if only having Header, subhead, body and reference) would make the tool far more useful. 

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS