Import into LibraryThing

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 5 Followers

Posts 38
Bryan O Clements | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Jan 17 2018 3:36 PM

I use LibraryThing to keep track of all my books, digital and print. In Libronix I could do an export and get a listing complete with ISBN numbers.  Does anyone know if there is a way to get and export with ISBN numbers.  I use LibraryThing so I don't buy duplicates.

Thanks in Advance.

Posts 24440
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 17 2018 8:22 PM

I don't know about ISBN but see https://wiki.logos.com/Bibliography

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 26
Troy Allen | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 19 2018 5:03 AM

I used this method to create a small collection so that I could mess around with the citation styles.  The ISBN is not included in any of the listed citation styles.  You may still be able to do a librarything import on titles.  You can use the collection print function to "print" to an Excel spreadsheet and then save it as a .CSV file for import purposes.

Posts 26
Troy Allen | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 19 2018 5:13 AM

Looking at the LibraryThing .CSV format it looks like the only matching info from the citation styles would be Tile, Author and Date of Publication.

Posts 26
Troy Allen | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 19 2018 8:36 AM

I imported a 30 book sampling to see how it comes through.  You can check it out on my books here:

https://www.librarything.com/catalog/tallen8362

I am not to happy with the results so far.  I plan to continue to look for a better method.

Posts 38
Bryan O Clements | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 19 2018 3:15 PM
Thanks, I have been playing with a Title and Author Import. The problem I am having now is my export to Excel is failing less than halfway through my library, a little over 8,000 books.
Posts 2
Scott Coleman | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 21 2018 8:23 PM

Did you guys get this to work? I did the export to CSV so I have title and auth but LibraryThing is not finding anything on the import.

Posts 38
Bryan O Clements | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 22 2018 10:27 AM

I never got it to work. It did in Libronix, but not in the newer versions. 

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS