Reading Plan Help/Suggestions

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 37
Rev. Michael L. Burns | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Jan 18 2018 8:36 PM

I recently purchased the NT331 Course on Romans. Since it is one of my favorite NT books, I like to set it up to study daily by means of a daily reading plan, I need some help doing so. I have set up several reading plans on books but never Video Courseware.

My basic desire is the study a portion ever day (7 days a week) and restart it automatically at completetion.

Any help would be most welcomed.

Michael

Posts 25375
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 19 2018 1:10 PM

Open Tools > Courses and select NT331 under Courseware. It provides suggested reading material so you can judge if you can benefit from the plan.

You can select at my own pace to make it a daily plan.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 10669
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 19 2018 1:23 PM

If you do not want to use the Courses Tool

You can generate a reading plan from the textbook which will also include the videos

Since there are 90 lessons, I chose to complete the plan in 13 weeks

Unfortunately, the results were less than satisfactory as individual days' readings do not match the lessons. Thus, the only way to generate a reading plan for a course is to use the custom option

I have created custom plans, so I can truthfully say, this would be quite tedious for a 90 session course.

If you choose to create a reading plan. In order to restart upon completion, just change the Start Date.

It would be tedious, but an interesting project nevertheless.

Posts 25375
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 20 2018 2:15 PM

Jack Caviness:
Unfortunately, the results were less than satisfactory as individual days' readings do not match the lessons.

That's why I recommended the Courses tool

Jack Caviness:
I have created custom plans, so I can truthfully say, this would be quite tedious for a 90 session course.
Jack Caviness:

I thought the project was the NT331 Course...

Jack Caviness:
In order to restart upon completion, just change the Start Date.

In Courses, delete the completed plan and start again.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 10669
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 21 2018 4:55 AM

Dave Hooton:

Jack Caviness:
Jack Caviness:

I thought the project was the NT331 Course...

NT331 is what I was writing about. Set up a Reading Plan from the NT331 Textbook, and the videos will be included. The original request was for a reading plan, which is what I described. However, you are correct that the Courses Tool would be simpler and probably provide a better experience. 

Posts 37
Rev. Michael L. Burns | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 21 2018 4:35 PM

I have several completed reading plans listed in my sidebar that I would like to restart, I was hoping to just renter a new start date but it won't allow me to change  the date,. anyone  know why or hoq>

Micharl

Posts 25375
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 21 2018 4:41 PM

Jack Caviness:
NT331 is what I was writing about.

The simpler NT176 I have was terrible in a Reading Plan, even though it integrated the other resources. The Courses tool is easy to setup and operate and definitely provides a better experience. It can be saved as a shortcut (which resumes where you left off).

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS